Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default propane prices

OK, the local gas station just bumped the price for a tank of propane to $28. That is a little expensive now to heat my garage when I am out there. Anyone have cheaper propane near them? Or a cheaper way to heat my garage? Thanks,

T
* 99 Saab 9-3 Convertible
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 02-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbuck2 View Post
OK, the local gas station just bumped the price for a tank of propane to $28. That is a little expensive now to heat my garage when I am out there. Anyone have cheaper propane near them? Or a cheaper way to heat my garage? Thanks,

T

Just keep the vehicle running! Between the heater cranked and the warm exhaust the garage will be warm in no time!

I really have no idea on the efficiency but how about a Kerosene heater or even an electric baseboard? I know I'm spoiled but I can still offer suggestions! Also, a few rolls of insulation would probably pay for itself quick!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 02-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbuck2 View Post

T
I just got 200 gal @$2.10 a Gal to heat my house. I had to get a loan to buy it. No, Really I had to get a loan. On the good side I got my fireplace installed that weekend. so I hope the 200 gallons will last till next season. All I use propane for is the furnace and the stove. My garage is very cold when Im in there but my print studio warms up when I turn the dryer (used for printing shirts not like a clothes dryer) on
Old 02-03-2008, 12:24 PM

$2.10 is a steal. We are around $2.89. And that is what our house runs on, that and a pellet stove. And in the 4 years since we've put the pellet stove in pellets have just over doubled in price.
Old 02-03-2008, 01:13 PM
Rising Sun Member

what is a BBQ propane tank, 10 gallons?

Kevin, I don't want to put too much work or $$ into my garage, with the new kid we are thinking of moving up to the foothills. Maybe not as far north as you north siders though...more Nakman's neighborhood.

T
* 99 Saab 9-3 Convertible
* stinky old Ford Diesel tow rig
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 02-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

The price of firewood should be coming down soon as the beetles advance.
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 02-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60wag View Post
The price of firewood should be coming down soon as the beetles advance.
I have a ton of wood here. but in 5 years, when the lodge poll pines are gone Im going to have one hell of a view. Kind of like the idea of buying land on the east side of the San Andres earthquake fault. one day its going to be beach front property. I only have to wait 5 years for the view. But that wind.........

Just a thought. I should start planting other trees now so in 5 they might be ready to take over. hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Lifted

I use Propane for my house heat and hot water, I feel your pain. 2yrs ago I installed a wood burning stove in my house and it helps tremendously but now I go through around 4 Cords of wood per winter season and a full (500gal)tank will last until the next season.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:05 AM
Rising Sun Commander

I get my BBQ tanks filled at the local rental place, Broomfield Rental iirc I'm sure you've got something similar close to you? It's $15 to fill your standard BBQ-sized tank, I've got three of them in rotation between the BBQ, camper, and small heater in the garage, when one dies I just rob a tank from whatever I'm not using (usually the camper) then go get the empty one filled.. sometimes I get up to 2 empties before I get around to fillin' again.

Oh, and watch the date on the side of the tank, when you get close to the expiration date it's time to pony up the $$ and do a tank exchange, so you can get a "fresh" tank.

www.gamiviti.com