Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Notices

Old 02-14-2008, 08:40 AM
Hard Core 4+

I have SROR's and they were cost-effective, have full cat protection, and support local business. Jim will make them however you want them, too.

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies
Old 02-14-2008, 08:44 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmbuck2 View Post
They look awesome...were they in stock?
I know there is a batch at the powder coater so if Christo doesn't have them today, they will be in shortly.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 02-14-2008, 08:51 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
I have SROR's and they were cost-effective, have full cat protection, and support local business. Jim will make them however you want them, too.
I noticed Jim isn't taking orders because he's backlogged:

From his website:

"SROR will not be taking any new orders due to my existing backlog. It is unfair to you, as a customer to place an order that we would not be able to give you a delivery date. It will probably be April or May before things get back in line.

We are very sorry for the inconvienence and thank you for your continued support!

Jim "

'85 FJ60
Old 02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Hard Core 4+

I have the MT sliders on my 80 and they are very nice. My kids, 4 and 6 haven't had any issues with them yet. And they get in/out of my rig 5-6 days a week for the last month.

It's a really cool design and I did a little bit of testing and they worked I like the mounting tabs for lights in them...pretty bling.

That being said, I don't think you can go wrong with SROR, Slee, Irbis, Hanna etc...
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDH33 View Post
I noticed Jim isn't taking orders because he's backlogged:

From his website:

"SROR will not be taking any new orders due to my existing backlog. It is unfair to you, as a customer to place an order that we would not be able to give you a delivery date. It will probably be April or May before things get back in line.

We are very sorry for the inconvienence and thank you for your continued support!

Jim "
this is true.
unless you want to wait.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:24 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
I've never seen the Hanna sliders. I have the MT sliders and like them alot. Not the best if you have kids or dogs that can get their feet/paws caught between the tube and the body of the rig. They also get pretty slick when they are wet or icy which the has complained about on more than one occassion.
Jeff what about adding some skate board grip tape to the tread areas? I have seen it done on a lot of rigs, cheap, easy to apply, and they will wear well.

Drew

1999 UZJ 100 Series bone stock ready to rock AKA:The backup minivan

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post
Jeff what about adding some skate board grip tape to the tread areas? I have seen it done on a lot of rigs, cheap, easy to apply, and they will wear well.

Drew
x2
I added it to the top of my sliders .... made all the difference for
Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:

Drew
Drew,

That will be done this summer...I didn't get the sliders on until March/April '07 so this is the first winter with them. 95% of the time they are fine but when they get ice on them watch out - I'm not sure having the skate board grip tape on there, under the ice, will do that much good really but it is worth a shot. So far I've had only one instance when my 4 yr old got her foot stuck. Now I just make sure we help her out just in case to avoid any problems. She is our "clutzy" child...she'll probably grow up to be a ballerina
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 02-14-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:

Drew
I had skate grip tape on the top of mine and it worked OK. This fall I herculined the lower portion of my truck, and put herculiner on the top of my sliders where the grip tape was. I think that works even better, lots of snow and ice but I haven't been slipping. If you do it this way make sure you don't put it on the bottom or sides of the sliders where it is supposed to "slide" over the rocks. I read some posts where people lined their whole slider and they could no longer slide.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:55 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

That's another reason I love christo's step sliders. That powder coat grip is awesome.
TLCA#4180