Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-18-2008, 01:52 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bh4rnnr View Post
Getting one of these bad boys
Um, what truck are you going to put it on? I thought you had forgotten how to drive.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:48 AM
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
Um, what truck are you going to put it on? I thought you had forgotten how to drive.
The 4runner. Hope to have it ready for the Ghost Town Run

And I can still drive, just not very often.....

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 02-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfd270ben View Post
That's not to bad evidently I am really bad with my taxes cause I owe 1200$
We try and owe the most we can without getting penalties. I figure I'd rather sit on a $1000 and get that extra $0.82 in interest than let the gov'ment withhold it and get nothing.

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
Old 02-18-2008, 09:53 AM
Hard Core 4+

At 17 getting a refund is a good thing. At 37 getting a refund is nice but not a good thing as the man has your money. I am sure somebody will tell you how to get your tax return to $0 but in my opinion at 17 getting a "bonus check" is not all that bad, much better than paying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
Rising Sun Member

I've been doing it "wrong" forever

I just like not owing and getting a little "bonus" to kick start the year. Yeah, I know the "man" is using my $$ for free and I could be saving the money and getting interest (which I'll get taxed on) but I'm just not that disciplined...I know if I had the extra $$ that is taken out I'd just spend it on something

Call it "forced savings" with no interest if you like, but the flip side for me would probably be having to take out a loan to pay my tax liability sadly I know a lot of people like this that take out a loan each year to pay their tax liability and each year they get deeper into debt.

I also like to rationalize to myself I'm just getting myself ready for the day my deductions are gone (kids, mortgage interest, etc.) and my tax liability is much larger
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 02-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

We try to get it as close to 0 as possible. I don't want the gubmint to be using my money for a year, but I don't want to have to dig deep when tax time hits either.

At least I'm not making quarterly payments anymore.
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

Old 02-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
I've been doing it "wrong" forever

I just like not owing and getting a little "bonus" to kick start the year. Yeah, I know the "man" is using my $$ for free and I could be saving the money and getting interest (which I'll get taxed on) but I'm just not that disciplined...I know if I had the extra $$ that is taken out I'd just spend it on something

Call it "forced savings" with no interest if you like, but the flip side for me would probably be having to take out a loan to pay my tax liability sadly I know a lot of people like this that take out a loan each year to pay their tax liability and each year they get deeper into debt.

I also like to rationalize to myself I'm just getting myself ready for the day my deductions are gone (kids, mortgage interest, etc.) and my tax liability is much larger
I'm with you, several years ago we were working towards the "nothing owed, nothing back" ideal, misjudged and ended up having to come up with a few grand. With one income, two kids and a mortgage I don't have the kind of pockets that can come up with a large sum all at once, so I go ahead and let the man use my money for awhile, it makes a nice jump start to the year and I go into tax season knowing that there's no stress. There's worse vices to have.

And I'm getting this: http://www.rokulabs.com/ and a new subwoofer to replace the one that's cutting out. Finally got all of my albums transferred to mp3 status, this baby should give me full access through the living room stereo without transferring all 30gb or so to an ipod.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:35 PM
Honorary Canuck Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbluefj

i use mine to go to moab to hang out with you guy's....

kevin
Old 02-19-2008, 02:34 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

I thought the Canadian gov't just kept ALL your money. Are you saying they actually gave you a refund?

Old 02-19-2008, 08:10 AM
Honorary Canuck Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbluefj

yup not much but enough..