Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Other Hobbies > Ham & CB Radio Corner

Old 02-27-2008, 09:54 PM
Rising Sun Ham Guru

Default Technician ONLY exam

I need to know how many people who attended the class who are absolutely sure they can make it to Stevinson West by 5PM on Monday March 3rd.

I just spoke with one of the VEC's that Brian has been trying to get to help with this on the phone. If we can nail down a number of people, a place and time to adninister the TECHNICIAN only test, he will do his best to do the test on Monday, March 3rd.

What I need to know is who will be able to be at Stevinson West by 5PM on Monday to take the Technician test ONLY.

Part of the reason that we weren't successful before is that we wanted to accomodate folks who want to take their General and Extra exam. This will not possible to do on Monday due to the demand for more VE's. Those who want to take the General or Extra exam will have to go to a testing location that is listed on the other thread.

So, if you know for a fact that you have the means and the way to be at Stevensom by 5PM and stay as late as 9PM on Monday, post up. I need a headcount by 5PM tomorrow, February 28th.

Even if we have this headcount, there is still a possibility that the exam may not happen. We need to give them enough time to arrange for VE's to administer the test and they may not be able to. This is the last ditch effort to try and get the Technician test ONLY administered on Monday. Please help and be prompt with your response. If it doesn't work out, we'll organize a date to get everyone together at one of the local testing locations.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Wincher

Default I'm "IN"...

...will be there by 5:00.

And thanks for working to help set this all up!

Cheers!
Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Hard Core 4+

My dad and I can be there (N=2).
Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 AM
Rising Sun member

I'm going for Tech just to get it done, so count me in. I'll try for the General at a different time.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD

Last edited by subzali; 02-28-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Rising Sun Ham Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
I'm going for Tech and General, so count me out.
Anyone in this boat keep in mind that when you do go to the testing locations offering tests please arrive as early as possible. With several people all taking different tests, and a limited amount of time for the session, you may be told that you will only be able to take one test at that time. It will almost never be a problem during the first half of the session, but after the mid-point they usually tell people that they may be limited to taking one test.

The VE teams have to give instructions, hand out the tests, allow adequate time for the test AND grading to include issuing the CSCE (Certificate of Successful Completion of Examination) that should be your receipt that you took (and passed) the test. Robbie was the exception that I habve never heard of before. Depending on how many people taking any combination of tests and how log those people take to complete the test, some might be limited to one test.

Bottom line--Arrive early. If you do, you are almost assured to be able to take more than one test (or more than one attempt if the first test is not passed).
Old 02-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I need to know how many people who attended the class who are absolutely sure they can make it to Stevinson West by 5PM on Monday March 3rd.
Count me in.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 AM
Rising Sun Member

count me IN

thanks again for all the hard work

T
KDěTIM
TLCA# 15572
TLCA Executive VP 2008-2011
CM Committee Member CM10, CM11
Old 02-28-2008, 09:45 AM
Rising Sun member

Nathaniel, I edited my post - count me in for just the Tech, so I can at least get licensed. I'll try and get to Boulder on Thursday to take my General, but don't want to get snaked. Thanks!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 02-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Lifted

I will be there!

Thanks for all the effort!
Old 02-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

In.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.