Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default everyone needs to make an urgent phone call

This bill has went to governor for signature. Call 303 866 2471 to let him know you oppose it.

this states that federal land management agencies are reversing the practice regarding motorized travel on fed public land. instead of being authorized unless restricted, motorized travel will be prohibited unless explicitly authorized.
ige tlca #1431
Old 03-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Hard Core 4+

That is already in place in Federal policy. This bill allows county mounties to enforce USFS/BLM law and keep people on the trail.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:13 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

http://cbs4denver.com/local/off.road....2.681834.html

Mar 20, 2008 4:31 pm US/Mountain

New Colorado Law Tightens Rules For Off-Roading
(AP)

Gov. Bill Ritter has signed a bill that tightens the rules for off-road vehicles that allows 250 state officers to enforce laws on federal lands.

The new law (House Bill 1069) prohibits motor vehicles from using public lands, trails, or roads unless it's authorized by a sign or other means.

Violations in designated wilderness areas would carry a $200 fine.

Supporters defeated an amendment that would have made the trails open to use unless they are specifically closed. Instead, people will be given maps to tell them which ones are open, or they could check the signs.

Opponents argued it's wrong to use state funds to enforce laws for the federal government.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 03-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Hard Core 4+

Well, that sucks. So the State has authority to dictate how Federal lands are used by changing the rule that a trail must be signed and mapped? I didn't think that could come into effect until the USFS and BLM road inventory was done.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 03-31-2008, 01:10 PM

i think this just pertains to WILDERNESS AREAS.from how it reads.and i am for all for that.i hunt wilderness areas and it infuriates me when i hear quads and crap coming in there.but we shouldnt be paying for the state to enforce laws that the federal gov put forth.
the way i see it is this new law doesnt even pertain to people like us,it will affect the off-trail, tresspassing morons.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

True, but the Feds have not funded enforcement (one LEO for all of Arapaho-Roosevelt NF?? Gimme a break) and when areas see rampant moron activity and no enforcement, we lose that trail.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:11 PM

so would this be a good thing?
somebody needs to govern it i guess.