Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 05-22-2008, 09:32 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
Dave, it looks like you are bringing a spare truck!! LOL

You can't ever be over prepared though. Good list!

Only thing I'd add to it is brake lines (the kind from napa in the precut lengths with the flanges and bolts already on them), and a few feet of fuel line and hose clamps. You can fix a lot of stuff with fuel line and hose clamps.
I'm assuming I will be one of a few or maybe even the only IFS truck there, so can't count on being a parts borrowing weasel. Plus we are taking the long road home and will be solo coming home, so there's that part of it. I'm honestly thinking of preparing a spares box that I'll stash in someone's trailer rather than carrying it all, though. It really looks more impressive listed that it really is when you stack it all up. Well, other than having two CV axles (usually I carry one or maybe even just a boot kit).

Yeah, I didn't mention the brake lines. I do carry my old stock rubber brake lines (I have those extended stainless numbers on there). But that's stuff I typically carry anyway, the basic stuff (like spring center pins, hose clamps, duct tape, etc.).

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Default yes this is a duplicate post

Guys I have reviewed the latest from the spare parts, food, shelter, and other random threads and did my best to get it all into one easy to digest spreadsheet. There are three pages, I hope you agree this is very easy to understand.

Please download, edit, etc., then just post it back up once you've made your changes. If you can just put today's date at the end of the file name, that will help keep revision levels in check. We can reference the latest version of this when we do our unofficial planning meeting next Friday, thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xls rubithon_planning.xls (29.5 KB, 45 views)

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-23-2008, 05:34 AM
Hard Core 4+

Nice spreadsheet, Tim! Although having it in 3 places seems like a nightmare to maintain.

Tom, you are running a 22R, right? If so, there's gonna be some redundancy we can take advantage of (same water pump, radiator, oil pump, etc.). I'm still assuming that I will be the only mini IFS at this point, although you never know. There will obviously be IFS trucks, but they'll be FJ Cruisers and Tacomas I'd guess. What moron thinks he can drive the Rubicon in an old mini truck without an SAS, anyway?

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Rising Sun Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Nice spreadsheet, Tim! Although having it in 3 places seems like a nightmare to maintain.
Agreed, but since the planning threads got expanded to three I wanted to be sure to cover all bases... plus we'll quit talking about tents and parts soon enough and it'll all be about food & cooking in no time...

but I need the "at a glance," can't have time to dig through 10 pages of posts to see what's what plus I want us all to have something that's easy to print, and access when there's no internet.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 05-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Rising Sun Member

So looking at the list my torque wrench is a cheap one that goes up to 90lbs. Someone have a better one?

Between Dan and me we have two sets of front axles, several spare birfs. I have the rear spare axles. Thinking we need at least a rear drive shaft as thats the one most likely to get striped.

What else from the 80 perspective are we missing

The 40 and mini guys can do their own post on spare parts unless something is universal.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 05-24-2008, 01:12 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
So looking at the list my torque wrench is a cheap one that goes up to 90lbs. Someone have a better one?
I have a Craftsman torque wrench that IIRC goes up to 150ft/lbs - Bring it? Maybe someone is already planning to bring one that they carry around with 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
What else from the 80 perspective are we missing
I didn't see a yay or nay on bringing the radiator hoses I have? What about things like distributor cap, spark plugs, spark plug wires, etc? Just thinking of stuff I have sitting in boxes waiting to be installed
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater