Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 01-13-2006, 01:20 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk
Thumbs up Spanish Trail RV Park

New information as of today from Dave Brown:

Gena, called me today. She was very upbeat, and is looking forward to having our event and she looks forward to us having us there each year. She thanked me for the package I sent her, it included the Jan/Feb issue of Toyota Trails plus another issue with a write up on CM2005.

She asked if we could post that she needs to be out of town on Jan. 22nd - 25th. She asked if people would hold off trying to make reservations on those dates. We should post the 1-880 number and the e-mail for reservations.

She answered the following questions:

Q1. Toyota Motors USA would like to bring out a couple of new product vehicles for display.
Would that be okay with you?
a1. That would be fine, there are is room south of the Pavillon.

Q2. Do you have any provisions for a central camp fire?
a2. Yes, we can use the fire place north of the Pavillon. No individual fires are allowed. (We are going set up the safety inspection tents just north of the fire place area.)

Q3. What would be good hours for people to call for reservations?
a3. Normal daytime business hours. Let Gena know you are with CM2006. If you have a tent, multiple tents can share an RV Site at the normal tent site rate/per tent. Note: Do not call for reservations on January 22nd -25th., Genea needs to go out of town.
b3. People can register using e-mail. Leave: Name, Address, Phone Number, Number in party, Arrival & Departure dates,RV, tent,etc., Let them know you are with CM2006. (Do not leave credit card number, Gena will get back to you)
c3. People should register individually early, START REGISTERING NOW.
Reservations: 800-787-2751 or e-mail spanishtrail@frontiernet.net

Dave
Red Fox
---------------
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:43 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Can someone post the rates for Spanish Trails? This may be a non issue once we have the Spanish Trails prices. I know it was on the printout Dave handed out but I haven't been able to find it online.

Slickrock rates this year are $18.00 per tent site and $5.00 per tent in RV spots on top of the RV spot price of $26.00 unless you are car camping. Car camping is the same price as a tent spot at $18.00. The way I read the answer above it sounds like 1 tent pays the normal tent price no matter where they are.

Spanish Trails
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Last edited by treerootCO; 01-13-2006 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:28 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Spanish Trail is $18 + tax per night for tent camping.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WØRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

I tried to modify my reservation via e-mail and they said I had to call on Monday. They don't work reservations over e-mail. I'm planning on renting or buying a pop-up tent. I'm getting to old to sleep on the ground that many nights in a row.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 01-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Trail Ready

Default Campfires & Spanish Trails RV Park & CAMPGROUND

No individual campfires at Spanish Trails? Is that an RV thing? We kind of see a connection between camping, campgrounds and campfires. Dave, are you real sure they have a no campfire rule?

1991 FJ80 converted to an HDT with an A442, Safari intercooler, 3" exhaust, factory Toyota subtank, 3" lift, 285's, Warn 9500xi, rear drawer system, 42qt Engel fridge. This rig is SOLD!
Old 01-16-2006, 02:37 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks, Dave, you da man (as usual). Thanks folks for ironing out all the details. I know it's painful to make such a change when simple inertia took care of all the details with the old place, but this will be soooooo much more pleasant than picking cotton out of my ()*&^^%(^ ears and eyeballs!!!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:47 AM
Rising Sun Member

I added the basic info to the thread on Pirate that Nolan started. No member only info, just the facts so far. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428621
and mud at http://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=73428

A few non-rising sun folks are having second thoughts about the new campground but if we act quickly enough and get the information out, we should be able to retain a few. There will always be a few that we can't please.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Last edited by treerootCO; 01-20-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

Ring no answer on their 800 number today...I know she was out until the 25th...

I was thinking I needed to confirm my registration that I made back in December.
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 01-26-2006, 06:09 PM
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by treerootCO
Ring no answer on their 800 number today...I know she was out until the 25th...

I was thinking I needed to confirm my registration that I made back in December.
I can't remember if it was in an email reply or whether it was when I finally got through and spoke with her on the phone, but I distinctly remember that they are "closed for the winter", and would be "in and out" when it came to answering the phone.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/