Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 04-03-2008, 05:00 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

That's a neat old Cruiser! Where did you find it? I bet that's a story in itself -- looks like it was overgrown with vines. Looks like it's an original soft top model. You have some bows, but I'm not certain they're original Toyota bows -- they look like old Kayline bows to me. You should keep everything, even the seat frames.

Very cool!
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:07 PM
Lifted

My BF bought it from a family who only used it during the hunting season (hence the fewer than 55,000 miles on it in spite of it's age). It has been sitting in storage for nearly three years. Mike says he drove her into storage and he put a new battery in her at that time, but it hasn't been started since.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

I'm sure if you provide beer you will have a long list of participants and opinions. Sorry I missed you last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenimirra View Post
What I really need to do is have an FJ party at my place so folks can come over and take a look at it and see what it needs.

When cleaning her up that first week, we found some information in the glove compartment, namely an expense report stating fill-ups and payment. Seems as if the original owner may have worked for the Post Office. My BF says he thinks the owner may still be in town, so I'm going to do some research.

I know everyone is preparing for Moab right now, but I would definitely appreciate some help with my baby!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenimirra View Post
What I really need to do is have an FJ party at my place so folks can come over and take a look at it and see what it needs.
You mean, the kind where we come over and drink your beer and tell you where you need to spend your money?

Can't think of a downside!

Never mind UB, he suffers from reaction formation as the psychiatrists would say. "Methinks he doth complain too much". He keeps talking about how bad minitrucks are, yet his cruiser has minitruck parts. He's jealous of yours. A real cruiser.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Lifted

Sounds good to me. I'm linear thinking AND anal too, so I need to make a list of what needs to be done and then start checking things off! I just need some guidance. As much as I am excited to get this going, I'm also very anxious and worried about making mistakes and screwing things up. And I also don't want her to sit in my garage unused either! I want to get out there, but it worries me that I don't know enough to fix things when they break down. I feel overwhelmed with everything that I have to learn....

I was thinking about coming to the wheel bearing party so I can start helping out.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Hard Core 4+

By all means, show up at the WBPP! There will be several front axle servicings being done. Plus it will be fun.
Quote:
it worries me that I don't know enough to fix things when they break down. I feel overwhelmed with everything that I have to learn....
Every person you met has been there. (Some still are, but don't tell UB I admitted to it). It's always the starting point.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:47 PM
Lifted

yeah, I said I would only admit it to myself once that I was scared........

and then NEVER AGAIN!!!

let's git her done!
Old 04-03-2008, 06:07 PM
Rising Sun Member

wow, great find. that thing looks great! build it back to stock! it'll be sweet!
82 FJ40
Old 04-03-2008, 06:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

Welcome to the Cruiser Addiction.
2004 Starcraft 10RT

Old 04-03-2008, 06:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

awesome to meet ya and see you at the meeting!!! glad you made it! hope you got some good eyecandy pictures. next time, you'll have to stick around for the brewski's afterwards (taxi's go to the airport, ya know )
ige tlca #1431