Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 04-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Lifted

Default Good place to get 22re head machined

I've got a good engine on the way (never got enough cash to get a rebuilt) that is coming in longblock form. It has 156k and I plan on getting the head rebuilt/resurfaced and doing a fresh HG t-chain etc. with engnbldr parts (which happen to be sweet as I hold them in my hand ) I want to know of a reputable shop to do the machine work on the head because I'm going to be doing a lot of the legwork for my mechanic to save a few bones (plus I get my choice of parts that way). Any ideas? My mechanic (ex employer) reccomends and uses Gunn usually with great success, but if there is a place that is really good with Toyota specifically I wouldn't mind it.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Hard Core 4+

Gunn.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Lifted

Cool, that's all I needed to hear for the most part. If there was a place more desired for Toyota only work I was in, but otherwise it was going to be them.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:06 AM
Hard Core 4+

What part of town are you in? Gunn does good work, but Pat and Bill at Mountain High performance do excellent work as well. Bill has been doing toyota heads for over 20 years and can do the job well. They are located on Ward rd north of I70. 303-420-6218
Old 04-05-2008, 09:21 AM
Lifted

My truck is going to my buddies shop in Evergreen, I actually live in Dumont (less than a mile from Spring Creek ) so the closer the better. I may give them a shout as well. It sounds like either place would be good.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Lifted

Two more things I just thought of....One I think I'd like to get my injectors reman'd or buy some that are new or reman. Any ideas locally or should I go through RC, LC, etc.?

Two, I think I'm going to see what I can do to get the fuel filter relocated from under the manifold (22re) to make it easier to change in the future. What kind of parts should I be hunting down? I'd like to stick it somewhere on the firewall for easy access if possible. Maybe even along the framerail like a carb'ed truck.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig View Post
What part of town are you in? Gunn does good work, but Pat and Bill at Mountain High performance do excellent work as well. Bill has been doing toyota heads for over 20 years and can do the job well. They are located on Ward rd north of I70. 303-420-6218
X2 on Mountain High Performance! Bill and Pat do exceptional work!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 04-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Hard Core 4+

who is Gunn? I was going to take mine to heads by paul, but if there is a better one out there that specializes in Toyota,
Old 04-05-2008, 08:39 PM
Hard Core 4+

Gunn is a old machine shop down on federal(if I remember right). Clean shop, reasonable rates, good work. I stopped using them a long time ago and like who I use now.
Witchhunter.com is a good place to send the injectors out. usually a 1 day turn around. So you mail them quick(2-3day) 1 maybe 2 days in the shop, mailed back to you 2-3 day. way cheaper then RC. I have not found anyone local to do them.
I do not know what part you need for the filter on the fender. Ever wonder why they put the filter under the intake?
Old 04-06-2008, 08:02 AM
Hard Core 4+

Injectors:
http://www.witchhunter.com/
the best.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.