Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 04-29-2015, 11:23 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Very Last Minute Cruise Moab Questions

Hey Guys,
Not sure if there is anyone left around that can answer these questions, but I was hoping maybe someone still hear would have the knowledge I need.

I didn't register/plan to go to Cruise Moab as I've been thinking for the last two months I might be in a brand new job now & unable to take the time off. But it turns out that isn't the case, and I find myself 100% free right now.

So my questions are:
1. Is it still possible to do a late registration for Cruise Moab? I don't need to do any trail rides, but I'd like to do the dinner & possibly the vendor night (I could just show, and not sell so as to not get anyone in trouble with the Utah sales tax thing)?
2. If I can get a late registration, is there anyone there with a nice soft top 40, that would let me throw one of my tops on for display at the vendor night? It doesn't have to be nice even, so long as it is a soft top model & actually there (my 40 doesn't run, so it won't be there)?
3.If I can do the reg/dinner I'd like to add a soft top to the prizes for the raffle. Can I just bring it & give it to you guys there, or is there more to it?

I know it is pretty much too late for these questions, but figured I'd ask just in case I can put together a last ditch trip.
Thanks,
Abe
Old 04-29-2015, 11:49 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

So my questions are:
1. Is it still possible to do a late registration for Cruise Moab? I don't need to do any trail rides, but I'd like to do the dinner & possibly the vendor night (I could just show, and not sell so as to not get anyone in trouble with the Utah sales tax thing)?

Registration appears to be open still and there are usually extra dinners that can be purchased. There is usually room for folks at the vendor night so I doubt that would be an issue. Tail rides would be available and would be best picked up at the event. Just ask the trail boss for a fun trail and they will find a spot that is open for you.

2. If I can get a late registration, is there anyone there with a nice soft top 40, that would let me throw one of my tops on for display at the vendor night? It doesn't have to be nice even, so long as it is a soft top model & actually there (my 40 doesn't run, so it won't be there)?

I saw some really nice 40s in Stan's Kokapelli group. I bet there is one out there without a hard top. I would think you would need to bring the hinges, soft top bows, and mounts though. There aren't many factory soft top cruisers out there.

3.If I can do the reg/dinner I'd like to add a soft top to the prizes for the raffle. Can I just bring it & give it to you guys there, or is there more to it?

I would show up and give it to any of the CM staff. I am sure they would accept additional raffle prizes.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133

Old 04-29-2015, 12:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

Awesome! Thanks for the answers. If I were to register online right now, would they know I was registered when I got there, or would it be better to do it in person as a, "walk up" type of thing?

I don't think my troopy would pass inspection for trail rides, as I don't have a CB/Ham, and the emergency brake is a little soft these days for some reason. So no trail rides, but it would still be cool to go take part in the fun at any rate

Thanks!
Old 04-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

Officially registered & packing my cr*p up! If anyone sees this & needs last minute stuff brought out to Moab, don't hesitate to let me know!
Old 04-29-2015, 03:52 PM
Rising Sun Member

Zepp was looking for someone to pick up a part at Safari in Grand Junction.

http://www.scaldeddog.com