Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #211  
Old 10-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Rezarf's Avatar
Rezarf Rezarf is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 4,090
Default

[quote=Uncle Ben;194612]Not sure if you have ever noticed the banter between the East Coast "Rock Bouncers" and the "West Coast Rock Crawlers"? Serious fun watching the trash talk! Here is one regarding the Pirate Feature Article on Cameron's newest work of art "Showtime."

What kind of coin do they have into one of those high tech buggies? That red one sounded mean and he bounced it up the rocks like a toy...

$100k?
__________________
Rezarf <><
My rig... "Maude"
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks.

1999 UZJ 100 Series bone stock ready to rock AKA:The backup minivan

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old 10-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,162
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

[quote=Rezarf;194618]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Not sure if you have ever noticed the banter between the East Coast "Rock Bouncers" and the "West Coast Rock Crawlers"? Serious fun watching the trash talk! Here is one regarding the Pirate Feature Article on Cameron's newest work of art "Showtime."

What kind of coin do they have into one of those high tech buggies? That red one sounded mean and he bounced it up the rocks like a toy...

$100k?
If you have to ask you can't afford one! Just the bare bones LSX454 GM Crate motor is just south of $10k! He probably has that amount again in the fuel injection setup and associated necessities. Add to that everything else and $$$$$
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Rezarf's Avatar
Rezarf Rezarf is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 4,090
Default

[quote=Uncle Ben;194620]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post

If you have to ask you can't afford one! Just the bare bones LSX454 GM Crate motor is just south of $10k! He probably has that amount again in the fuel injection setup and associated necessities. Add to that everything else and $$$$$
The tube work alone was I have never seen rigs beat on like that and keep running that strong. Every single part of that thing must be BOMB proof!
__________________
Rezarf <><
My rig... "Maude"
1976 FJ40 with some stuff and some leaks.

1999 UZJ 100 Series bone stock ready to rock AKA:The backup minivan

2012 Toyota Sienna Minivan, fastest Toyota in the stable.

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,162
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

[quote=Rezarf;194623]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post

The tube work alone was I have never seen rigs beat on like that and keep running that strong. Every single part of that thing must be BOMB proof!
If you follow TC at all the weak link on Showtime has been the 35 spline 300m tool steel axles! He has blown up one Atlas T-case and I think the count is up to 4 rear axles! Really hard to understand why 700hp and 43" Swampers could break anything!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old 10-18-2011, 11:01 PM
rover67's Avatar
rover67 rover67 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boulder, Co
Posts: 5,389
Default

[quote=Uncle Ben;194626]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf View Post

If you follow TC at all the weak link on Showtime has been the 35 spline 300m tool steel axles! He has blown up one Atlas T-case and I think the count is up to 4 rear axles! Really hard to understand why 700hp and 43" Swampers could break anything!
AND bouncing it 6 feet in the air at full throttle
__________________
Marco Capote
KDGWX
85 FJ60
82 FJ40
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old 10-19-2011, 08:25 AM
subzali's Avatar
subzali subzali is offline
Rising Sun member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver CO
Posts: 7,617
Default

Some old time footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN3C-...feature=fvwrel
__________________
Matt Miller
TLCA# 13684
Rising Sun Bio
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old 10-19-2011, 08:49 AM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,162
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
That was pretty fun to reminisce!
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old 10-19-2011, 01:19 PM
nakman's Avatar
nakman nakman is offline
Rising Sun Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: north side
Posts: 10,008
Default

I spent an hour last night watching those buggies.. wow, hadn't seen that before.
__________________
99 uzj100, 05 525EXC

www.gamiviti.com

Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old 10-19-2011, 02:32 PM
rover67's Avatar
rover67 rover67 is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boulder, Co
Posts: 5,389
Default

Look up "fat girl wheelie" that's a pretty good on of one of his first rigs.
__________________
Marco Capote
KDGWX
85 FJ60
82 FJ40
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old 10-19-2011, 05:20 PM
Jacket's Avatar
Jacket Jacket is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 4,101
Default

How about this 40 takin' the Ford to school. What can't a 40 do?

__________________
- Matt
1976 FJ40 - green and mostly stock
1996 FZJ80 - not so stock
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.