Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 05-12-2008, 09:01 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Tom you got it right, that's my understanding as well. We're going to do the big tent thing as well, which is nice when you can leave it set up for a couple days. But if we decide to camp somewhere on the trail on Thursday night I'll just roll with it, either way I'm wheeling & camping with my friends so there really is no downside.

Hey Chris, if you want to do the air-powered blender instead I can easily power that- I've been chasing leaks and am down under 10psi/hour in pressure loss now, with about 6 gallons of storage. In fact, maybe Green Machine would loan us his.. I'm not much into blender drinks personally, lately it's just cold beer in a can and the whiskey neat... but I'm sure I could find a way to enjoy a frozen marg if one made its way into my hand
BTW I happen to know there will be a blender amongst us! Jury's still out on the espresso maker for the all important Latte'! Ice is the biggest issue!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior

Last edited by Uncle Ben; 05-12-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Rising Sun Member

Don't forget the chocolate syrup, whipped cream and sprinkles for the mocha lattes

For ice, how about a solid 5 lb block of ice with some dry ice in a cooler to keep it frozen?
"If you know what you're doing, then you aren't learning anything." - A. Lincoln
Old 05-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
So, we just "hang" and catch rays for three days? Sweet. I can work on my tan. (Where do you get a decent power inverter again? Hmmm, Margaritas in the blender...)
I have a 3000W power inverter that I could bring if you think that it would be helpful.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Rising Sun Member

I have a 4000W generator, but I'm not going to haul it there. Someone else can if they want
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 05-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

If the group goes/makes it all the way to Buck Island lake, you may want to stay 2 nights there and have fun with it. there really is no where inbetween BI and Rubicon spring. Back when Spider lake was open, it made a easy first day(camping at spider lake), then on to Buck Island lake, then into the springs. Now that Spider lake is closed for camping and such, it make a long day into Buck Island. Any how if any one breaks down(knock on wood) or the trail goes slow, you may end up camping just off the trail in what area you stop at for the night type of thing(meaning camping in other than camp area spot). With some of the faster groups on the trail, the going can be real slow down the big sluice. Meaning a long line to get trucks down the rough stuff, which can take 1/2 hr per truck to worm it way down that area to the bottom(or more).
At buck island you may want to go back up and try Old sluice and play on the slabs for a day before going into the springs. Some of this may be decided once on the trail with options left open as the trip plays out.
Any how there is some hikeing and talking with a bunch of other cruiser heads, taking ride and drives in a FJC. Chaseing crawdads in the water, soaking in the cold springs, the rope swing that drops you in the lake. Lots of other fun stuff as well, playing on some of the run and the obsitcals in and around camp.
Stuff to think about.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:04 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
I have a 4000W generator, but I'm not going to haul it there. Someone else can if they want
Confused as why we need the big power supplies? Someone planning on bringing a AC system for the tents?
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Confused as why we need the big power supplies? Someone planning on bringing a AC system for the tents?

Some one was talking about a 3000 watt inverter. I am not planning on bringing the generator, just thought if someone felt the need to plug in there large 50" plasma flat screen, they could borrow my generator. That means they have to haul it because I don't need it.
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig View Post
If the group goes/makes it all the way to Buck Island lake, you may want to stay 2 nights there and have fun with it. there really is no where in between BI and Rubicon spring. Back when Spider lake was open, it made a easy first day(camping at spider lake), then on to Buck Island lake, then into the springs. Now that Spider lake is closed for camping and such, it make a long day into Buck Island. Any how if any one breaks down(knock on wood) or the trail goes slow, you may end up camping just off the trail in what area you stop at for the night type of thing(meaning camping in other than camp area spot). With some of the faster groups on the trail, the going can be real slow down the big sluice. Meaning a long line to get trucks down the rough stuff, which can take 1/2 hr per truck to worm it way down that area to the bottom(or more).
At buck island you may want to go back up and try Old sluice and play on the slabs for a day before going into the springs. Some of this may be decided once on the trail with options left open as the trip plays out.
Any how there is some hiking and talking with a bunch of other cruiser heads, taking ride and drives in a FJC. Chasing crawdads in the water, soaking in the cold springs, the rope swing that drops you in the lake. Lots of other fun stuff as well, playing on some of the run and the obstacles in and around camp.
Stuff to think about.

OK so now I am confused, are we moving camp every night or staying put nights 2-4?? This is important as it contributes to my tent choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner View Post
OK so now I am confused, are we moving camp every night or staying put nights 2-4?? This is important as it contributes to my tent choice.
Wednesday after registration we will go in at 9am. Depending on drama and vehicle integrity of both us and the Wagon Run ahead of us we should make it to about Walker Hill for lunch (if we travel at a decent rate with no breakdowns we could do lunch at Little Sluice) then on to Buck Island lake for the first night. BI is a beautiful spot and as Robbie mentions we could spend two nights there. I personally would rather head out early Thursday Morning and get to the Springs so we can stake out an awesome campsite for the next 3 nights. After we score the site in the Springs we can hike, swim. 4 wheel, sleep, stumble, walk on our hands, play Tiddly Winks, whatever we want as camp site in the Springs will get pretty picked through by Friday night!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior

Last edited by Uncle Ben; 05-12-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
...and get to the Springs so we can stake out an awesome campsite for the next 3 nights. After we score the site in the Springs we can hike, swim. 4 wheel, sleep, stumble walk on our hands, play Tiddly Winks, whatever we want as camp site in the Springs will get pretty picked through by Friday night!
Sounds like a plan!! I need space to erect the condo
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater