Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 05-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

I scored two XL Tent Cots. I think I will use them for quickies and take the cabin tent for the Springs. We could combine camping for a few of us too and take a big tent for a few growling bears! I plan on laying out everything soon and see what I need to leave home!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 05-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig View Post
Back when Spider lake was open, it made a easy first day(camping at spider lake), then on to Buck Island lake, then into the springs. Now that Spider lake is closed for camping and such, it make a long day into Buck Island.
Bob mentioned that there were places to camp legally near Spider Lake, so you could walk over and enjoy the lake without camping there.

Two days of wheeling, ending in the Springs on Thursday night is fine with me. It will be nice to set up tents and leave them for 3 days.
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
I personally would rather head out early Thursday Morning and get to the Springs so we can stake out an awesome campsite for the next 3 nights. After we score the site in the Springs we can hike, swim. 4 wheel, sleep, stumble, walk on our hands, play Tiddly Winks, whatever we want as camp site in the Springs will get pretty picked through by Friday night!

I vote for three nights camping!! We, as have most of you it sounds like, purchased a second house for a tent. Setting it up for one night is a pain but three works fine

Thanks UB for clearing that up, I am easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Rising Sun Member

So it sounds like maybe I can bunk in one of the condo's and I don't need to bring my own tent? I cleaned it up yesterday and set it up. It's a nice little 2-man I bought from Cabella's 20 years ago. I even found the original receipt in the bag.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:29 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Bait View Post
So it sounds like maybe I can bunk in one of the condo's and I don't need to bring my own tent? I cleaned it up yesterday and set it up. It's a nice little 2-man I bought from Cabella's 20 years ago. I even found the original receipt in the bag.
If you want to stay in the vestibule you are more than welcome We have one of those two room tents with a vestibule, one room for us and one for the dogs.........I mean . They are treated better than me by a mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderpig View Post
If the group goes/makes it all the way to Buck Island lake, you may want to stay 2 nights there and have fun with it.
Not to rain on parades, but I'm pretty sure that if you guys stayed at Buck 2 nights that would screw up the following runs. There are limited Buck Island camp spots, and having 16 extra Wednesday rigs there Thursday night would really screw things up for the two Thursday runs that camp there. It would also dramatically impact Friday down Big Sluice.

Food for thought.
TLCA #7704
72 FJ40 * "Mudrak Improved"
07 TRD FJC