Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 06-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
I will have my press with me and have decent coffee.

FWIW, I'm still bringing the 3-burner stove and griddle, so I can basically make endless pancakes or support burritos for about half a dozen people no problem. Let me know if you want to group up for a breakfast or two and I will be sure to bring enough. I usually do chorizo, Egg Beaters, cheese and salsa for the burritos. We'll have probably a ton of pancake mix along, which we can use up on the return leg if it doesn't get used at Rubithon.
I'm in for that. Can we add some Hatch chilis? We can buy some of this in Reno, right? I have a couple of boxes of Kodiak Cakes mix I could donate to the cause.

So, do I bring my 2-burner Coleman stove or not? Sounds like you guys have it covered. LMK.

Old 06-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Hard Core 4+

We bring along a couple cans of chilies as a backup and keep an eye for fresh stuff along the route.

As far as stoves, I absolutely expected to share the appliances, but a 3 burner stove won't support all 25+ of us. I can serve reasonably 6 to 8, 10 depending on the meal. More than that and it gets tough to keep stuff warm. I've sort of assumed stove-wise that you need about one burner per 2~3 people, so if we're 30 total we really need about 8~10 burners. So we should lock down who is bringing a stove.

DaveInDenver - 3 burner
Shark Bait - 2 burner
Hulk - 3 burner

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 06-03-2008 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

I have 2 two-burners and three-burner. That's 7 burners. All Coleman. I need to do some work on the 3-burner to get it back at full speed. Dave, how much of an expert are you on these stoves?
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

Here's what mine looks like:

Old 06-03-2008, 05:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I have 2 two-burners and three-burner. That's 7 burners. All Coleman. I need to do some work on the 3-burner to get it back at full speed. Dave, how much of an expert are you on these stoves?
They are simple, if you can change your oil you can fix Coleman stoves. What's wrong with it? I'll put you down for the 3 burner, unless you want to drag 2 stoves with you.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 06-03-2008, 07:17 AM
Lifted

I have a two burner Coleman propane stove with a griddle that I would be glad to bring if it is needed. Just let me know otherwise I will leave it home.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:13 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

So....getting down to the wire and menus need to be planned. Have we decided that "yes" we will do a group meal thang on Friday night? If so is there a theme? 7 of our 11 attendees have posted something relavant and Romer is mooching Norcals food but I really don't see a plan per sei.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 06-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Rising Sun Member

I've asked the wife to whip up a batch of her spaghetti sauce that I plan to freeze and bring along...Simple meal: reheat the sauce, boils the noodles, and voila

How many folks would be interested in having spaghetti Wed, Thurs, or Fri night? We could combine this with other stuff for a group dinner.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 06-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
So....getting down to the wire and menus need to be planned. Have we decided that "yes" we will do a group meal thang on Friday night? If so is there a theme? 7 of our 11 attendees have posted something relavant and Romer is mooching Norcals food but I really don't see a plan per sei.
Mooching NorCal or individual Wednesday at Buck Island, right? I'd be down for getting in on the NorCal dinner if that's an option.

So RS group options are Thursday and/or Firday dinner. What about a potluck theme night(s)? A couple of options that come to mind are chili night, Mexican food night, Italian night.

We are going to sit down and make up a shopping list Wednesday.

Right now I am planning on some larger than just us groups for Thursday and Friday breakfasts. If that's a RS size group or just a few extra people, makes no matter to me other than how much pancake mix and burrito stuff to bring.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

Pot luck sounds good. Iv'e got a big batch of seafood gumbo that I made Sunday.Also have a 2 steaks and a large side dish for a 2nd night
71 FJ40 project
TLCA 13269
KVRT

" Leave the chrome at home " - Uncle Ben - Rubithon 2008