Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 05-27-2008, 06:45 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default FYI- OHV workshop

1. **ALERT** REGISTER NOW!! COHVCO OHV WORKSHOP IN SALIDA JULY 11-13

Posted by: "COREY CORBETT" corbettfam@msn.com cohvcocorey

Fri May 23, 2008 2:15 pm (PDT)

PLEASE FORWARD ON

See attached, or download the Registration form http://cohvco.org/?p=51<http://cohvco.org/?p=51>

8th Annual OHV Management Workshop:

"A Tactical Approach to Now and the Future"

July 10-13, 2008

in Salida, Colorado

This Special Workshop is FREE For Enthusiasts with FREE Lodging for qualified club reps.

Sponsored by the Colorado Off Highway Vehicle Coalition (COHVCO)

with assistance from: NOHVCC, MIC, BRC, US Forest Service, BLM and Colorado State Parks

This year's workshop will take a more tactical, "on the ground" approach with an emphasis on sustainability of existing designated trail systems and building toward future growth of; "Life After The First MVUM". A combined audience of Land Management Agency personnel and Volunteer User Organizations and Recreational Enthusiasts can sit down one on one in a relaxed, educational forum and discuss local issues, and develop the needed contacts to interact closely on the status and implementation of Designated OHV Routes by Travel Management Planning in that area.

Included will be educational discussions of OHV Management Techniques, Volunteer Stewardship, issues and general principles of

enhanced social and environmental monitoring, maintenance and management of sustainable motorized trails.

This will be coupled with the need to address easily understood companion maps and effective signage

This collaborative effort will help to build camaraderie and a sense of understanding among agencies and different user groups.

Thursday Check In and evening VIP Welcome Reception

*Hors d'oeuvres and Cash Bar provided*

OPTIONAL: Trail Crew Leader, Maintenance and Construction Skills Training. Certifications in ATV and Dirt Bike Safety.

Friday Agency & Enthusiast Classroom Sessions will include:

**Continental Breakfast and Lunch provided**

Back to the Basics of Good OHV Management

§ Techniques in Good OHV Management, Trail Management Objectives and Cost Effective Ways to Implement Signage Plans.

§ Effective Trail Crews; What They Can Do. Managing & Scheduling, Training Resources, Project Funding Eligibility, etc.

§ Enhanced Social and Environmental Monitoring; Traffic Counters, Trail Patrols,

§ Sound Testing, Enforcement and the Future of Sound Limit Restrictions in Colorado.

§ The "4 E's of OHV Management, Sustainable Trail Maintenance Programs and "Life After The First MVUM"

§ The State of OHV's in Colorado; Side by Sides, OHV Parks and Play Areas, New Rules on the Horizon

**Planned Networking Dinner on own**

Saturday Agency & Enthusiast Classroom Sessions and Location Ride with Field Discussions will include:

**Continental Breakfast and Box Lunch provided**

§ USFS Rule and BLM strategy for Route Designation, Inventory, Collaborative Volunteer and TIGeR Team Efforts

§ Living With the MVUM and the Future, Volunteer Projects in Monitoring, Companion Maps for Designated Routes and Effective Signage

§ Technical TIGeR Team GPS/GIS and Global Mapper Software Training

§ Location Rides and Field Exercises, Sound Testing and the Future of Sound Limit Restrictions in Colorado

**Club Sponsored BBQ Donation Dinner**

Sunday Enthusiast Tailgate Sessions and Location Rides with Field Discussions to include:

**Continental Breakfast and Box Lunch provided**

§ Location Rides and Field Exercises with on the ground GPS Data Collections/Definitions and Trail Work Projects

Please mark this on your calendars and REGISTER NOW to attend.

LODGING AND REGISTRATION INFO ATTACHED or at www.cohvco.org<about:blank>

SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE TO OHV ENTHUSIASTS AND CLUB REPS.

For a more information, please contact:

Corey Corbett at: corbett@cohvco.org<about:blank>

The following is now available on line at the COHVCO website. PLEASE CHECK THEM OUT.

COHVCO OHV Workshop Info (July 11-13, Salida, CO) and downloadable Registration form
http://cohvco.org/?p=51<about:blank>

COHVCO Trails Awards (Nomination deadline June 10) and downloadable Nomination form
http://cohvco.org/?p=56<about:blank>

-Corey

Corey Corbett
COHVCO Secretary and OHV Workshop Coordinator
12161 West Mt. Powell
Littleton, CO 80127

Cell Phone 303-809-6628
Home Phone 303-933-4011
Fax 303-932-8733
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:24 AM
Hard Core 4+

Hello Bill:
Would it be a good thing if some of the RS club members went to this work shop? Is this more faces the better, with more in the club trained? What are your thoughts?
Robbie
Old 05-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Hard Core 4+

Totally agreed. As schedules allow.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:28 AM
Hard Core 4+

I am working these dates out with the wife and will be looking at going to this. Any one else want to join me. If all goes well with the talks, I will sign up today.
Old 06-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

Well I signed up for this event, joined Cohvco(individual member) and signed up to get trained on the Trail Crew Leader, Maintenance and Construction Skills Training on thursday. By becoming a individual member I got the scholarship for the room and the event costs waived(Bill M also passed blessing on me representing Rising Sun). I will be taking my 80 as part of the event is out in the woods. Can't wait to see what a hard trail is. Any how I am looking forward to this to see what can come out of talk for the club and the future of all this stuff. Funny I got the blessing for all this and the wife and I talked about going away for the 4th weekend and the marketing firm called and sets a event up for the 5th of july in Attica Indiana. Any how camping is waiting until after the training with Cohvco in July. Funny how life works
I will try to take good notes and post info when I know. Later Robbie
Old 06-06-2008, 07:36 AM
Hard Core 4+

Looking forward to the report!
KDØRCH
Bio Page