Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > Rubithon 2008 planning

Old 06-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default For those staying at Robb's on 6/17 - Need Input ASAP

For all that are staying at Robb's Valley Resort on Tuesday night the 17th.

I noticed when leaving them a message that they are normally CLOSED on Tuesdays. I spoke with Debbie today and she stated that they would be sure to have someone there to meet our group and open up cabins etc. for our stay. However, typically the restaurant and the bar would still be closed

So, Debbie offered to have the restaurant and bar open for us if we'd like. So, what I need to know so I can provide feedback to her is:

(1) What time do we believe we will be arriving at Robb's?
(2) If you are going to be interested in eating in the restaurant that night?
(3) If you are going to be interested in drinking a beer or two at the bar that night?

I don't want them to stay and open up the restaurant and bar and then we all show up and just crash . On the flip side, if we all show up starving and parched and the restaurant and bar are closed that would suck

So, please post up as soon as you can so I can give Debbie an idea of what the overall group plans to do. Of course, we do have a couple cabins reserved that we could just cook food in and drink in as well
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 06-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Definitely be up for the restaurant. Not sure about the bar.
1996 FZJ80 · TLCA #4189 · WŘRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers · my Rising Sun bio · Facebook · Twitter · Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Hard Core 4+

Good catch. I'm stopping in Reno with Nakman to wait for Bruce. So I sort of doubt we'll be at Robb's in time for dinner. It would be nice to have a brew, but with all the fridges and stuff I think we'll be able to manage a few cold beers. So I don't see that we need to have them stick around as long as we can all party in the Romers' cabin.

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding
Old 06-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'll go for the restaraunt.

I talked to Debbie, I think Chris is taking Tom's cabin and somehow was trying to get me to swap

No dice

Party at Hatfields cabin
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 06-04-2008, 01:57 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Party at Romer's, baby.

I'm with Dave, we won't roll in until late and we'll already have plenty of food and beer with us, and if not driving, in us.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 06-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
I'm with Dave, we won't roll in until late and we'll already have plenty of food and beer with us, and if not driving, in us.
Reno = BUFFET DAMAGE!

Attachment 9278

Attachment 9279

“Anyone who believes in indefinite growth in anything physical, on a physically finite planet, is either mad or an economist.” -- Kenneth E. Boulding

Last edited by DaveInDenver; 08-26-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
I'll go for the restaraunt.

I talked to Debbie, I think Chris is taking Tom's cabin and somehow was trying to get me to swap

No dice

Party at Hatfields cabin
Can't blame us for trying to steal your cabin, can you?

I'll hold off on emailing Debbie until tomorrow to give everyone a chance to respond but it looks like the restaurant may be a yes as of now...

EDIT: Here is the email I just got from Debbie
Hi Jeff!

Just wanted to confirm your changes in your reservation with us. You had previously booked a bunkhouse for 4, but have now taken over Tom Rompies Cavco Park Model with the loft. This is for one night only, Tuesday, June 17, 2008. You will be arriving mid-afternoon or later. The cost of the Cavco is $160.00 plus tax, with your grand total being $172.40

We are expecting a group of you coming in that day, and although we are usually closed, would be very happy to serve you all food, and keep the bar open!! Please don't feel that you would be an imposition, it would be our pleasure!! Since you're all headed out for a few days on the Rubicon, you may like a good served meal and a couple of drinks before you head out! If you could possibly get a head count on how many are coming, we could maybe figure out something special to you for you guys!! Scott, who is our manager at Robbs, is a culinary chef, and I'm sure be happy to cook for you all!

So, let me know, and I'll see what I can arrange!!

Thanks again Jeff!!

Debbie
TLCA #17037

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

Old 06-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Rising Sun Member

Wherever Neil and I are on Monday night, probably Reno or Wendover (or maybe Meek's Bay), I'd guess we will be at Robb's by mid to late afternoon Tuesday. Dinner would be great! The bar, pretty good too. I would feel bad if they kept the place open for 5 or 6 of us, but I'll bet there are others coming in for the run, too, don't you think?

BTW, It was Debbie that suggested between our cabin & Romer's that folks could sleep wherever they wanted. It wasn't my idea.

Last edited by Shark Bait; 06-04-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:34 AM
Rising Sun Member

I sent Debbie an email of Friday that I believe there will be about 6 or so of us (maybe more but hopefully no less) interested in eating dinner at the restaurant on Tuesday night...

Here is her reply:

That is wonderful. We want you all to enjoy your night at Robbs, and hopefully make it a yearly event!! I wish that I was up there to meet you all, you're a great group of guys, and I've enjoyed talking to all of you!

Thanks again,

Debbie

ps. drop me an email when you get home if you have a chance, and let me know how your trip went!!!

Looks all of the fine folks at Rising Sun have left a good impression on her
TLCA #17037

: