Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 01-31-2006, 02:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Utah OHV usage in the crosshairs again...

Verbatim from the Wilderness Society's page:
Quote:

HELP US PROTECT SOME OF UTAH'S BEST WILDERNESS Unique geological formations, spectacular vistas and ancient rock formations are at stake

Abundant wildlife and rugged beauty have made the Book Cliffs wilderness one of Utah's most popular backcountry destinations, beloved of hunters and hikers alike. And Nine Mile Canyon, sacred to the Ute tribe, is prized by many for its amazing prehistoric rock art. Both these areas are part of more than a million acres of wilderness-quality lands whose future is being determined now by the Bureau of Land Management. Help us ensure that the future of these lands is one of conservation, not exploitation by off-road vehicle degradation and oil and gas development. Take action now from:

http://action.wilderness.org/campaign/vernpricermp/i3i56ed4rjntkd6
That which they regard as "exploitation by off-road vehicle degradation" would be regarded by every member of the club as responsible usage. I have found dialog with local members of TWS, but generally at the full-time national organization level, there is little to no dialog to be had. They are 'true believers'.

I would not use their site to generate comments, they lock in opinions you will not agree with in the generated letter.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 01-31-2006, 02:54 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili
Verbatim from the Wilderness Society's page:

That which they regard as "exploitation by off-road vehicle degradation" would be regarded by every member of the club as responsible usage. I have found dialog with local members of TWS, but generally at the full-time national organization level, there is little to no dialog to be had. They are 'true believers'.

I would not use their site to generate comments, they lock in opinions you will not agree with in the generated letter.
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR So typical! The forces against us are so strong but it's no wonder why......we can preach and beg to our peers to simply sign or forward pre-written letters and still yet only a handful of folks do. Organized "Greenies" get to so many more folks because they do the action we could never dream of. Yesterday, for example, a young girl barely out of high school pinged my doorbell. She was collecting sigs on a petition from the Sierra club. She had many pages of sigs already! I made the mistake of questioning her and clearly correcting her false facts thus she clammed up and wouldn't let me know what this peticular petition was for. That's the kind of opposition we face. It doesn't matter what political party you support, if you're a polititician and your carreer hinges on a number of votes, a large collection of names and numbers suggesting support of an issue will sway you a lot more than a few form letters!!!!!!!!! Sorry....soap box mode off...
Attached Images

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 01-31-2006, 06:53 PM
Hard Core 4+

used their form letter, edited to my choosing and sent off
ige tlca #1431
Old 02-01-2006, 07:47 AM
Hard Core 4+

I once used their letter generator and clicked 'send'. Next thing you know, I was unsubscribed. My letter never made the trip.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.