Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 02-01-2006, 10:42 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

Default FJ Cruiser Photo Shoot Needs Support

Bill Morgan and I have been in touch with a photo location scout who was retained by Toyota's ad agency, Saatchi and Saatchi, about a photo shoot of the new FJ Cruiser. The scout is based in LA, and was unable to do the scouting personally, and retained a local scout. I've been in touch with both of them, both by email and by phone.

The LA scout informed me today that they've chosen the Walden CO area do do their shooting on Feb 11th and 12th, a Saturday and Sunday. He wanted to know if we could provide some support in case the FJ or their other vehicle(s) gets stuck in the snow.

I'll let the northern club know about this via their clubhouse section on mud, Walden's 142 miles from Denver but closer to them. Here's copy-and-paste from the latest email:
-----------------------------------------------------------
Just wanted to update you on the status of the photo shoot.

They have decided on Walden, CO, shooting Saturday, Feb. 11th and Sunday Feb 12th. We would like to invite you and your local TLCA to the shoot. Do you think anyone from within your TLCA group would be interested in coming up? We would like to at least designate a couple vehicles to be there for the weekend. Mostly to be there as support in case the FJ or any other vehicles get stuck. I would think they could at least cover a couple hotel room's, food and gas for a couple of vehicles. They are planning on flying into Denver and driving up to Laramie, WY on Friday.

I will not be there on the shoot, but I wanted to let you know how the schedule was coming together and to see if can help me organize the designated Cruisers. Gavin Harrison is the producer and he will be the contact on the shoot, but I am organizing support. They will organize food on they days of the shoot, and would like to have enough for everyone thats comes to hang out, maybe we could get a head count. They probably don't need this until next week some time.

Let me know what you think and feel free to call me anytime.

Jeff Nelson
(323) 461-5755
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 02-01-2006, 10:57 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thats my hometown!!!! Good old walden...I'll definitely try and make that...Grew up there.
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 02-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

FJ, did you see my post on mud about your 2F?
Old 02-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Hard Core 4+

Yup, replied about that, It's basically just the block, I'll be pulling the accessories as you've noticed in my other questioning posts.

It was running, pulled in favor of a diesel swap. Don't know the compression but I'd make you a hell of a deal!...lol
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 02-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Cool, thanks Ben. I looked up Walden - pretty small town. Looks like mostly ranching? About 8100 feet elevation, so it shouldn't be too snowed in. Not sure I can make this one, I had planned a getaway for the following weekend. There are a few cabins/lodges not far from Walden.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Hard Core 4+

yeah, you could say small town LOL...My graduating class was 16 kids...

I have family still up there, and contacts in the Sheriffs department(good family friends, mom worked there over 10 years) and a great knowledge of the area.

It's about 2:45 minutes from greeley. I usually go up 287 to laramie and down as you can drive faster (if your cruiser can go that fast) with the only Caveat being the possibility for VERY strong winds and ice.

The Poudre canyon is MUCH more scenic but slower going due to the curves. I like this in the winter as not many people are on it.

There are a few hotels in town, and some cabins/lodges outside of town, but I'm not sure which are open right now. I could try and get some info if anybody wanted any on what hotels/lodges were open.
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 02-01-2006, 04:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

I am always up for pulling someone out

Old 02-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJBen
yeah, you could say small town LOL...My graduating class was 16 kids...
North Park. Grrrrrr...

When my kid was in High School, we didn't fare too well against North Park (A-8 man football). Gilpin County doesn't like North Park much...

Sold the Gnewt.
Bought a boat.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobzooki
North Park. Grrrrrr...

When my kid was in High School, we didn't fare too well against North Park (A-8 man football). Gilpin County doesn't like North Park much...

If it makes you feel any better, I never played you! I graduated in 94 lol, I was one of the last years of 11 man. Nice to play 11 man with 15 kids! We were more basketball at that time, now I think it's changed.
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 02-02-2006, 12:01 AM
Hard Core 4+

i miss driving through poudre canyon and owl canyon...used to live in red feather, across from gopher acres.
ige tlca #1431