Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-02-2006, 12:14 AM
Hard Core 4+

Think i'll ride along and take pictures

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 02-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Hard Core 4+

I can be there if leaving Denver (work) at 4PM is acceptable, and if coming back Sunday afternoon also works.

What's next, Jeff? Do we sign up here and you make the call, do we call him directly?
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Hard Core 4+

Oh, and Brian Ellinger is near there, in Red Feather. Should I contact him? I think he would be enthusiastic, and would be a possible aftermarket product developer for the FJC.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Hard Core 4+

After talking with My wife, I am able to make it as well, but if you have your 2-3 vechicles and need no more then this may alter my thoughts. I personally think that more than a couple of vechicles it may be more of a cluster F. But it depends on what these guys really want. It sounds like they(from the reading) not really wanting a bunch of trucks. Maybe I am reading the info wrong. Just my thoughts. What is next Jeff? later robbie
Old 02-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Cruise Moab Committee

I gave Jeff the URL to this thread and the one for the northern club on mud; he can read this, and of course sign up and post if he wishes. He also left his phone number, which I posted. I've spoken to him several times, nice guy. A place like this thread in this forum would be an ideal way to consolodate information for all involved, instead of a bunch of separate phone calls and emails. I don't think a cluster fudge will happen unless there is miscommunication.

I'll send him another email and ask him to sign up to participate in this thread so everyone's seeing the same information.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 02-02-2006, 11:58 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks Jeff, robbie
Old 02-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Hard Core 4+

I would be interested in going... especially if they are shooting a smurf blue FJ Cruiser...

ah... two smurf blue toyotas seperated by 30 years of time, and a pro photographer to boot!...

Seriously, I am really available and willing to check it out and tug with the winch if necessary.

Nice meeting you all last night!

Drew

2001 Sequoia Limited with heated seats

My camping trailer build up thread.

"You 80 guys are just a Sawzall away from nirvana." -Red Chili
Old 02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
JeffNelson

Default FJ Cruiser Photo Shoot

Hello

Jeff Nelson here, I was the location scout for this job and now I am helping coordinate this shoot. Toyota wants snow, mud, and water for this campaign and we are doing the snow portion in Walden, Co. It is going to take place on Sat & Sun, Feb 11th & 12.

Toyota wanted to invite everyone from the TLCA and local clubs to come up and hang out and to check out the new FJ. We will try to find a good meeting place in Walden in the morning if people would like to head out with us. I don't know if there is a coffee shop or diner, but the photo crew is staying Laramie and driving in fairly early in the AM and returning to Laramie in the evenings. Any suggestions?

They will be taking pictures of the FJ for advertisement as well as getting shots & video of everyone that comes out for the Toyota website.

So, by mid-week we should have a good idea on how this is coming together. Robert Antonson "powderpig" will rolling with us and helping us coordinate. We will try get a head count on who is coming so we have enough food for all. It should be a good time!

Last edited by JeffNelson; 02-02-2006 at 10:29 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Hard Core 4+

Very good, put me down as attending Saturday and Sunday. I will bring my 1987 modified red 4Runner. I will probably try to stay overnight in Walden if possible, leaving Denver around 4 or 5 PM Friday. If it would be better to stay in Laramie for coordination let me know, and at which motel.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
Old 02-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Hard Core 4+

I will have more info when Gavin contacts me. The photo shoot crew is staying in Laramie both nights according to what Jeff has told me. I am currenlty looking for a Resturant to make food for us and a place to meet in Walden. I pm'd FJBEN about this as I am not able to find much on the web. Any suggestions would be helpfull. According to Jeff Nelson, this shoot will be moslty on the sand dunes, looking around at some maps, this appears to be at the North Sand Hill SRMA just to the north of Waldon. Again I will have more when Gavin contacts me.
Any questions before hand from any one post them up and I will try to have the answers later after I talk to Gavin(the producer on the shoot). later robbie