Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'm working on clearing the decks so we can go as well. Looks like we are gonna try to leave Fri and stay till sun.

A search of "North Park" got more hits than "Walden" for lodging and food.

North Park

I did some rigging for a climbing gear shoot once, from that expirence I would not expect to get a lot of wheeling in. Bring a lawn chair, 'cuz I would plan on a bunch of hurry up and wait. Still sounds like fun and a chance to get out so hope to see ya'll there.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Hard Core 4+

There aren't many places up their to stay, I'm staying at my uncles ranch. My mom just moved last year or I would have 4 rooms for people to stay in.

DINING:
The River Rock cafe/Antler Inn which we'll most likely have the meeting at, lounge/bar/inn...pretty new in town and the nicest.
The Bowling alley, good burgers, 6 lanes of furious bowling!
The Elkhorn, longtime stable, typical small diner
Moose River, another diner

North Park Supers: THE grocery store...closes at like 7 or 8...so get what ya need early.

Lodging:
Chedsey Motel, 537 Main St, Walden, CO 80480, (970-723-8201)
Hoover Round Up Motel, 361 Main St, Walden, CO 80480, (970-723-4680)
North Park Motel, 625 Main St, Walden, CO 80480, (970-723-4271)
Westside Motel, 441 Lafever, Walden, CO 80480, (970-723-8589)

BARS: across the street from eachother and 1/2 block from the 2 liquor stores in town.
The Stockman: local hangout...I got everyones back
River Rock: nicer than stockman

PARTS:
Napa...thats it...you guessed it, main street!

Natural Hot Springs: for the brave...
about 30 minutes outside of town, smells like sulphur,(you will need MANY showers after this) been buldozed in a time or two......polar bearing is FREEZING this time of year...just do it drunk (don't ask how i know)

For everyone up there that is gonna stay, I'll give ya my cell phone number in case you need something. You can PM me for anymore info.
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 02-03-2006, 03:25 PM
Rising Sun Member

LoL looks like the kind-a place where the roll up the sidewalks at dusk....
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Trail Ready

Been there, done that...

(Actually, IIRC, the football field is at the very bottom of the circle.)
Attached Images

Sold the Gnewt.
Bought a boat.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

I may go up and check this out too, anyone settled on particular hotel yet?

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
rage, rage, against the dying of the light" - Dylan Thomas
Old 02-03-2006, 04:09 PM
Hard Core 4+

It may be easier to stay at Laramie, not that far really... but then, a small town can be a real hoot!

And DANG, man! Four motels!!! More motels than bars, that's gotta be a first. I suspect between them we won't see a 'No Vacancy' sign most likely.

Laramie or Walden, I can do either. I'll go with the flow, chains in tow.

Mebbe the whole crew, photogs and everybody, could stay in Walden? Laramie is not much more, um, shall we say, "metropolitan". Would undoubtedly contribute to the small-town economy, and it would be the talk of the town for months.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:11 PM
Hard Core 4+

Yup you are right, thats the field and the sledding hill if anyone is up for sledding!

...the small green dot is/was my house. Log cabin built in 1898, but obviously added onto. our garage was an Ice Storage Shed built in the early 1900's...you could park a semi in that beast and have plenty of room to work on it! I do miss that town a ton! Good thing I go up there a bit, twice a year to move cattle...oh the joys of a saddle...
Attached Images

TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 02-03-2006, 04:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili
It may be easier to stay at Laramie, not that far really... but then, a small town can be a real hoot!

And DANG, man! Four motels!!! More motels than bars, that's gotta be a first. I suspect between them we won't see a 'No Vacancy' sign most likely.

Mebbe the whole crew, photogs and everybody, could stay in Walden? Laramie is not much more, um, shall we say, "metropolitan". Would undoubtedly contribute to the small-town economy, and it would be the talk of the town for months.

Don't forget...there isn't any stoplights...

Medicine Bow up to Walden can be a little sketchy if the weather is bad, and there tend to be a lot of deer. It takes about an hour to get to Walden from laramie. The Sand dunes are about 15 minutes from walden back towards Laramie.

And trust me, that many lifted TOYOTA's in one spot...WOW...The town will be in AWE! Hell we could make the Local Paper!!! all 4 pages of it!!!! Hmm this is sounding like a TT article... there is one Cruiserhead up there that I know of, I'll get in touch with him.

Anyone that is up for a drink friday night if you stay there, just shoot me a PM, i'll send my number.
TLCA#15530

96 285's OME 's ride
Old 02-03-2006, 04:46 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili

The FJ Crew is planning on staying in Laramie. They've probably already booked hotels by now.
Rising Sun 4WD Club, TLCA #4063
http://american3dprinting.net/
Old 02-03-2006, 05:53 PM
Hard Core 4+

I just got off the phone with Gavin the Producer of the shoot. He is stating at this time he will give the location and time to meet in Walden on thursday. He seems to have a guy named Rod Pepper as his location finder and guide. Rod has a well built Bronco that he is towing to the site.
Gavin's thoughts on number of trucks is to try to not have more then 5-6 trucks involved beside Rod Pepper and My self. If there is more then so be it. They already are set up in Laramie for hotels and are not really interested in changing that. Bill Burke is the the Pro driver for the shoot. So that is the info at this time. Any how Gavin has given me his cell phone number for any questions that come up and I will have to call him on thursday to finalize the meeting place and time.
Have a great weekend.
later robbie