Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 07-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Rising Sun Ham Guru

Default Yankee Boy Basin--Volunteer opportunity

This is what I was refering to in the last meeting. The Yankee Boy Conservation Assosiation does work in this area to do Resource protection and monitoring, projects, Alpine Hosts and Campsite Hosts and also supports public access without fees.

They look for several volunteers during the summer months for the Alpine and Campsite hosts, and they also look for time and money contributors for their cause. The website lists contributors and in that list is the Montrose Four Wheelers Club.

Check it out Here.

My thoughts, as was the request of Bruce and Barbara, is to have a small portion of the Cruise Moab donation funds go to this organization each year. For one, we wheel this area several times per year, with the Ouray run and the FJCruiser folks; two, it keeps some of the CM money in Colorado; and three it allows for an opportunity for anyone to volunteer for this cause.

Yes, more information about where the donations go, etc needs to be dug up, but that would not be hard.

Please check out this idea and express your thoughts whether it would be good of our club to at least donate some funds to it.

Thank you.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Rising Sun Member

I love the area and plan to visit it at the end of the month with the family during our annual Ouray camping trip

I support the idea of donating some money, pending further investigation of where the actually $$ goes.
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater