Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Old 07-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Live from Covcohv seminar

Anyhow it is not what I thought so far, but informational none the less. I learned that the defination of a OHV is one that is not licensed for the road(sort of leaves us big 4 wheelers out). Anyhow I have completed a 8 hour course in trail maintance put on by the Outdoors Stewartship insitute. If you look at the big picture when doing this course, you can then think what it might be like for a 4 wheel drive road. There is some differences, but mostly in a bigger scale.
Mostly the training was talking about building and maintaining a trail for foot travel, bike travel and motor bike travel, all single track. Any how tomorrow is inside and talking about stuff which is important to all of us. Then on saturday, I finally get to do the TIGeR gps training (I hope).
Anyhow it is all good and interesting from a learning level situation.
later Robbie
Old 07-11-2008, 08:44 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks for representing us!
Lots of the unlicensed OHV stuff is applicable. I would not agree with their definition of OHV.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 07-11-2008, 12:16 PM
Hard Core 4+

Yes I agree that the definition has a big gap for us to fill. That said the info I will right more about later. I plan to talk to Corey a bit about how I see the definition and see what we can come up with. But boy are these guys organized and have a ton of member clubs that have lots of participants in the club. Anyhow still learning. Thanks Bill for the comments
Later Robbie
Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 AM
Hard Core 4+

Anyhow it was a great seminar and the Agency people that were at the event and spoke was wonderful to see that many Agency people in one spot. The jist is that the Forest service plan needs to updated every year. So this give groups the chance to GPS the trails and turn them into the Forest service and hope that they add the trails to the map. As for the BLM, they are on a different time line and do not have to complete stuff for a number of years into the future(2012 or later). Both agencys are district by district or Field office by field office. Meaning they can implement there own set of sub rules to add or not. So it behoves groups to work together to bring Win Win solutions to the table, not to bitch or complain. This does not help, it is better to complain with a solution, and to have as many groups on the table with you before the group starts the process to make it better.
All in all I would like to explore some other meetings in the future and see how the other major groups are handling all this. Now to find the time to make it happen.
I will post some more specifics later.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Hard Core 4+

Looking forward to you sharing the wisdom with the club!
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.