Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 07-31-2008, 06:56 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default 2008 Rally Run #2 - Red Cone

You will meet at Sunday August 10th 9AM at the Conoco Station in Bailey and up to Redcone. This is an moderate trail that a stock truck with a good driver could do with no issues. There are a few areas that can be bypassed that have some medium sized rocks. The decent from Redcone is a little steep, but to those with some experience, it's not a lot of challenge. It is beautiful and spectacular and was my favorite run from the Rally last year

Post up if you plan on coming so I can plan accordingly as your Trail leader.

Here is the trip report from 2007 Rally run

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/foru...ead.php?t=4542
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Last edited by Romer; 07-31-2008 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:51 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper

Romer,
Being new to your club events is this open to nonmembers? Looks like fun. You say it is during the Rally and i see you guys had lunch up there. Is this a day trip and do you go to the rally after the ride? thanks.
Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 PM
Lifted

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCreeper View Post
Romer,
Being new to your club events is this open to nonmembers? Looks like fun. You say it is during the Rally and i see you guys had lunch up there. Is this a day trip and do you go to the rally after the ride? thanks.
Somebody correct me If I am wrong, but I think it open to anyone as a part of the rally. Last year the rally was on sat and red cone on sun. I believe it's the same this year. And yes it's a day run.

I also want say I'm planning on bringing the family to this one.
'''|/---\``|----|
()_)O()_)O=)_)
Old 07-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCreeper View Post
Romer,
It wasn't clear so I edited the first post to say Sunday. Thanks for pointing that out

Any of our runs are open to anyone. The exception is Cruise Moab you have to be a TLCA member and registered for the event. The ones we do here in Colorado are not insured by the TLCA (or anyone else) and are open to anyone.

We have several rules, no drinking alcohol and to use good judgment and be respectful of others. We always try to have a family atmosphere.

We do bring our own lunches and stop at the meadow for lunch before you climb up to the peak.

I understand that both Webster pass and Radical hill are closed so we will go in via 285 and out to I-70 via Montezuma unless that changes
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 08-01-2008, 09:18 AM
Rising Sun Member

We are in Ken!

Might have Melinda and Ben with me.

Can tail gun if needed.
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 08-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Rising Sun Member

I'm a strong maybe. We'll be on the road camping all week, and I think we'll roll back into town some time Saturday. If I can get my s$%^ back in order on Saturday, I might show up for the Red Cone run.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Club Treasurer

We are in as well. It'll be the wife and I - no kid. We will be in the comfy 80. The scenery on this trail is awesome. If you aren't familiar with it you will definitely want to bring a camera.

67 FJ40 LC Tan
94 RN101 PU Pewter
95 FZJ80 LC Red
99 UZJ100 LC Black
00 VZN185 4Runner Highlander Jade
00 VZN185 4Runner SR5 Desert Dune
Old 08-06-2008, 05:05 PM
Rising Sun Member

I am a probable. I will have to drive from Crested Butte to meet up with the group where 60 splits off of 285. Is the plan for the rest of the group to meet at Bailey at 0900? Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"
Old 08-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttubb View Post
I am a probable. I will have to drive from Crested Butte to meet up with the group where 60 splits off of 285. Is the plan for the rest of the group to meet at Bailey at 0900? Terry
Yes, per the first post
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 08-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Ham Freqs

Ken, I assume you will be on the Rising Sun freq and CB Ch 4 while on the road. Will you be listening in on a repeater on the way up? Terry

"13" Taco 4X4 Extra Cab, Firestone Air Ride, Airstream tow vehicle - "Daily Driver"