Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Notices

Old 08-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Rising Sun member

Exclamation Middle St. Vrain w/COTTORA and FJ Cruiser Trail Team Sun. 8/17

EDIT: Sunday, August 17
Middle St. Vrain/Coney Flats
Meet at 9 AM at the Camp Dick trailhead

see this thread for more detailed information

Also see this web site to sign up (not necessary)

Yo!

Just got a call from the Trail Teams and this next weekend, the 16th, they are FREE and they were hoping to do something with RISING SUN!

No plan yet, I told them the Triple Bypass had been canceled, so he was thinking maybe we could do a local run of some sort. I threw out the thought of whether they would be interested in doing a spotting/recovery/safety event, maybe in conjunction with a trail run, and he said that would be a great idea.

SO - if YOU could tell the TOYOTA FJ CRUISER TRAIL TEAM what to do, how, when and where to do it, what would you tell them? He's hoping to have a go/no go by Monday the 11th, so if there's any interest please post up and let's try to get something nailed down!

Again, it's a chance to possibly test drive an FJ Cruiser, get information/training/schwag from a very capable group of off-road drivers, and maybe enhance our image as enthusiasts in the eyes of Toyota so that they will bring back solid front axles!...

Okay that last one was made up, but still!

What I'm thinking - An easier trail like Switzerland, Coney Flats, Yankee Hill or Kingston Peak where we can get some easier/short/scenic wheeling in but you could make a lunch/training stop to do some recovery/spotting technique type stuff too! I will need someone who's interested to be somewhat of a leader for this, as I will not be available that weekend, but please post up if you're interested, if you want to be a trail leader for the day, and any ideas you have for the event!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD

Last edited by subzali; 08-14-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper
Default Trail Team Event

Matt,

Just seen your post and I be interested depending on trail. If it is light and no pinstriping i am most likely in. Just need to check the schedule. I am kind of new to the area and not sure of the best trails to suggest so i dont think i would make a good trail leader but have done it in the past for Jeep events. The other thing is i am not a RS member. I have done Swizterland but don't know the others you mentioned. I did look at Moody Hill but it was not open yet when i was there. Not sure how tuff that one is. It is listed as moderate. I will let you know if i am a definate or not.

Kenny
Old 08-07-2008, 11:06 PM
Rock Stacker

Default Trail Team Event

Hello,

I have been following the triple bypass thread closely hoping something would be suggested as an alternate to run with the trail team since the passes are still covered with snow. I'm looking to do some trails with some folks and with the trail team. I'd like to suggest Coney Flats and Middle St. Vrain as a possibility. Whatever you all decide I look forward at the possibility of hooking up with you and possibly joining your club.

Lee

Last edited by WinklerFJ; 08-07-2008 at 11:07 PM. Reason: signature
Old 08-08-2008, 12:37 PM
Rising Sun Member

Hey Matt,

Sounds good, I am guessing Ron and crew are headed back from Kentucky through Colorado and onto LA..

They were just with us in Ouray for the Ouray summit. Knowing the Triple is off, what about doing Devil's punch bowl On Saturday with lunch and camping in Crested Butte/Lake Irwin and then Pearl Pass into Aspen from Crested Butte on Sunday?

We could meet in Glennwood at 10:00am on Saturday, make it to CB for lunch/set up camp and then back over to Aspen for lunch and out via Glennwood Springs? Home by 5:pm on Sunday?

I am guessing this would give great footage of mountain views and the Toyota marketing folks would like the Glenwood/CB/Aspen footage, as well.

If you like I could also probably get a few cruiser heads to tag along..
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
http://www.Chrissandstormfj.smugmug.com
Old 08-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

Iron Chest.

The FJC's will have an opportunity to demonstrate self recovery.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:21 PM
Rising Sun Member

Pearl is closed on the Aspen side too much snow. You all probably knew this.
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
Old 08-11-2008, 11:19 AM
Rising Sun Member

Colin called me today from the Trail Teams and they are looking forward to a Rising Sun Club Run this weekend. It could be a Friday over nighter or just a Saturday run (our choice). Either way they are open, probably no need to make a definitive decision today on what trail, if we still want to noodle on it for a day.

They are driving back from Kentucky, in Oklahoma today.

They will be in Denver all week.

The following weekend they are doing an expedition from Wyoming to Grand Lake. That is posted in the Blue room under trail runs..
KD0IFE

Off Road Pics
Old 08-11-2008, 12:17 PM
Rising Sun member

Off Road Solutions is having a rally this weekend, that's another possibility. There's been a couple ideas thrown out, and a couple maybes on attendees (BTW nobody needs to be a Rising Sun member to join on a trail run with us, in fact a trail run/event is a prerequisite to joining the club!), but is anybody willing to choose what's going to be done and lead it?

Chris, the reason the Triple Bypass was called is just because Schofield (Devil's Punchbowl) and Pearl Pass had too much snow. Crystal/Moody is fun, but who is willing to drive that far on this short notice? Same with Iron Chest, considering Iron Chest is a much more difficult trail. Coney Flats/Middle St. Vrain is good too, I just don't want there to be a disappointing turnout if we set up a trip for them, and right now I only see two or three hands raised. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just saying that ORS already has an event going on where the Trail Team can market their vehicles if they want (and that's a big part of it IMO), whereas not a whole lot of people are jumping at the bit from our club right now.

I can call ORS and see if they would be interested in the Trail Teams joining them for the day at the BBQ.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 08-11-2008, 02:12 PM
Rising Sun Member

I'd be willing to go on a run with everybody this weekend, but I don't feel like i am in a position to suggest routes, or lead at this point.
82 FJ40
Old 08-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Rock Stacker

Send a message via AIM to athenaceleste Send a message via MSN to athenaceleste Send a message via Yahoo to athenaceleste

We were thinking about doing Kelly FLats on Sunday... does this sound interesting?