Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Land Use

Notices

Old 08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Hard Core 4+

Default Slaughterhouse - Work date from the Go4s President

From the Go-4s. Contact Brian if you can make it! BrianRose167 'at' msn 'dot' com.
They are a small club and we promised to help with this project. They got a grant to complete it. If you enjoy Slaughterhouse at all, please consider helping!
Quote:
OK everyone,

Get your work gloves ready, we have a date - October 4th (if there are any objections, please let me know). I just got off of the phone with Scott and this is a perfect date for him. Today is going to be a busy day for him as he is going to SHG to coordinate the bulldozer today. Just a bit of history, we originally tried to coordinate our work-trip to happen right before the bulldozer gets there so that once the bulldozer was finished grating the area, they would put up the cable and close the areas. His concern now is that he will have to do the grating now and some of that will be destroyed before we get in there to put up the post and cable. Anyway, it sounds like he is going to try to minimize the impact as much as possible by throwing up the gate in Crow Gulch until we do what we do.

Anyway, enough of the history lesson... We have a few things that we need to get started on now!

1. First and foremost we need to recruit and we need someone to manage the list of volunteers, Brian Rose were you still going to do this? Let's get some help in thinking outside of the box on this one as we do have many areas that we can tap from, for example someone mentioned one time Boy Scouts. Don't know if this is a viable option, but these are the kind of ideas that we need from everyone.
2. Rick, we need confirmation from your friend Eli that October 4th will work for him as he was going to provide much of the equipment. We also need rental rates from him as well, keeping in mind that every penny we spend will need to be accounted for with accurate and detailed receipts that have company letter head on them and such.
3. Wendal, you volunteered to head up the work day raffle. I will need to get you that signed form for you to present to the shops in the area and if you do not see it in the next day or two please bug me for it.
4. Supplies. I volunteered to purchase the posts, cable, and the "Maintained by the Go4's" sign and will take care of that.
I am just writing this off the top of my head, please let me know if I am missing something to get this ball rolling.

Thanks and pray it does not snow...
Ken - Prez
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-19-2008, 11:28 AM
Hard Core 4+

Bill, post it up on the calendar and events too. Depending on my wife I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 08-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Hard Core 4+

That would be cool. Unfortunately that falls on a pre-planned hunting weekend or I would be there too! So I hope we will be well represented.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Hard Core 4+

Bump! They need volunteers!
KDěRCH
Bio Page
Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 AM
Hard Core 4+

My employee, Greg, a member of the Go-4's, has stated that Sunday, the 5th, will be included as a work day.

I will probably go up Sunday to help out.

Anyone else want to go?

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies

Last edited by Red_Chili; 09-06-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Hard Core 4+

I may be in. Seems one of the landowners who had an access agreement with the G&F department had a hunter dump their antelope carcasses in his pond, fouling his water, and sickening his cattle. So no more access, at any price.

So it ain't just OHV users who can be morons.

[this just in, the ranchers around our unfortunate friend are fine people and our hunting party is back on. This ends our regularly scheduled whinefest... ]
KDěRCH
Bio Page

Last edited by Red_Chili; 09-30-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: Unnecessary whining... LOL
Old 09-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikeman View Post
I will probably go up Sunday to help out.
Would you give me some background? I've heard widely varying comments of this club.

Last edited by Red_Chili; 09-06-2008 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Hard Core 4+

PM me.

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies

Last edited by Red_Chili; 09-06-2008 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:48 AM
Hard Core 4+

Just a bump - the work is being done this weekend!! I would be there but I need to be chasing goats across Wyoming. If you are able to participate in this worthy project, post up on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/go4s/

There will be a campout Friday night, and door prizes. This project will rival our Jenny Creek project and should be TWO of the following:
1) a great time doing a fun project!
2) certain to make a lasting difference not only for wheeling, but for the environment! A twofer!
3) a campaign stop for one of our presidential candidates, identity to be disclosed Friday night!

Be there or be square!
KDěRCH
Bio Page
Old 09-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Hard Core 4+

your link doesn't go to the thread on their project...it goes to some sort of introductory page (at least for me...maybe it's blocked by our stupid websense)
ige tlca #1431