Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 02-25-2006, 04:17 PM
Nay's Avatar
Nay Nay is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 810
Default

Quick intro from a newbie...I picked up a 1995 80 in September and am looking to meet other cruiser owners and actually hit the trails in this pig. It has 2.5" OME and 33" trxus, sliders, skids, lockers, . No flares...no frilly stuff...

I've run Chinaman's a bunch of times in my old Cherokee, and it's one of my favorite trails. This will be a nice primer to get used to the 80 before a late April birthday trip to Moab. Need to feel just how big this thing is on a trail with good optional obstacles...Chinaman's is perfect.

Question: do I need to be an official club member to join on this run?

Thanks!
Nay
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-25-2006, 06:32 PM
JadeRunner's Avatar
JadeRunner JadeRunner is offline
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay

Question: do I need to be an official club member to join on this run?

Thanks!
Nay
Welcome Nay! We would be happy to have you join us on this great trail. Look forward to meeting you.
__________________
Scott Yoder KD0DHP
2000 4Runner, 2.5" lift on 33's, locked, geared & armored.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Uncle Ben's Avatar
Uncle Ben Uncle Ben is offline
Rising Sun Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Louisville, Colorado
Posts: 13,168
Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nay
Quick intro from a newbie...I picked up a 1995 80 in September and am looking to meet other cruiser owners and actually hit the trails in this pig. It has 2.5" OME and 33" trxus, sliders, skids, lockers, . No flares...no frilly stuff...

I've run Chinaman's a bunch of times in my old Cherokee, and it's one of my favorite trails. This will be a nice primer to get used to the 80 before a late April birthday trip to Moab. Need to feel just how big this thing is on a trail with good optional obstacles...Chinaman's is perfect.

Question: do I need to be an official club member to join on this run?

Thanks!
Nay
Welcome Nay!
Actually it's the other way around. To become a member you have to be on a club run or event and make it to a meeting, then you can be voted in.
__________________
KUBN
Kevin
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-26-2006, 02:18 AM
bh4rnnr's Avatar
bh4rnnr bh4rnnr is offline
Outlaw, Scoundrel, Miscreant
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Littleton
Posts: 4,008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben
Welcome Nay!
Actually it's the other way around. To become a member you have to be on a club run or event and make it to a meeting, then you can be voted in.

New members have to buy the (either that or bring pitchers to the aftermeeting)
__________________
-Perry Loughridge aka "Skelator" aka KDLDQ
4th gen Coloradoan.
-87 Toyota 4runner. Flat bed by Proffitts Cruisers 5.29 gears, rear locker. 33" mt/r tires. Snackster cooker. Eazi-Awn 1200 RTT and more tube work by the Homegrown Crew . And still more to come


COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-26-2006, 12:10 PM
Nay's Avatar
Nay Nay is offline
Hard Core 4+
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 810
Default

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to meeting everybody...



Nay
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-27-2006, 02:25 PM
Evrgrnmtnman's Avatar
Evrgrnmtnman Evrgrnmtnman is offline
Trail Ready
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Colorado Mtns
Posts: 382
Default

Good Chance I'll make this run. Never done it, so it sounds like some fun to get the season kicked off!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-02-2006, 01:41 PM
JadeRunner's Avatar
JadeRunner JadeRunner is offline
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evrgrnmtnman
Good Chance I'll make this run. Never done it, so it sounds like some fun to get the season kicked off!
Sounds good CJ. We havn't heard from you in a while.
__________________
Scott Yoder KD0DHP
2000 4Runner, 2.5" lift on 33's, locked, geared & armored.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Evrgrnmtnman's Avatar
Evrgrnmtnman Evrgrnmtnman is offline
Trail Ready
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Colorado Mtns
Posts: 382
Default

Still out here! Been fixing some leaks on the rig and getting it ready to wheel.......
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-02-2006, 04:01 PM
El Jefe's Avatar
El Jefe El Jefe is offline
Trail Ready
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 301
Default

I'm planning on making this run too...it's been too long since I took the 80 out for some fun. No lockers though, will this be a problem?

Chris
__________________
Centennial, CO
'64 FJ40
'93 FZJ80
'99 F350 CC, 7.3 PSD
1979 Suzuki GS1000E
TLCA #7412

Statistics show that 95% of all Jeeps ever built are still on the road. The other 5% made it home.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-03-2006, 08:42 PM
JadeRunner's Avatar
JadeRunner JadeRunner is offline
Cruise Moab Co-Chairman
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
I'm planning on making this run too...it's been too long since I took the 80 out for some fun. No lockers though, will this be a problem?

Chris
As long as you have at least 33's and sliders you will be ok. It will require some carefull driving skills on the tight spots with your 80. You should enjoy the challenge.
__________________
Scott Yoder KD0DHP
2000 4Runner, 2.5" lift on 33's, locked, geared & armored.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.