Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 10-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Trail Ready

Sorry for your loss, I can only hope that one day my dog behaves even half as well as Bella did. She always seemed to be so calm and happy riding in your 80 on the trail.
2008 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Cummins
18 foot P&J flat bed
Old 11-23-2010, 10:06 AM
Rising Sun Webmaster

Thanks for sharing. It's always hard to do this to one of your best friends. Meg too had not eaton in days. Even refused steak, for a lab, this is unthinkable. Hef favorite toy was her leash. Even when it was attached to her coller, she would carry the otehr end in her mouth, looking like she was teking her self for a walk.

It's amaazing how attached we become to our pets. it's also good how much support rising sun has offered and how many people understand. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Bella was put down today. Her lungs had filled with fluid, down to about 15% lung capacity. She hadn't eaten in days, at least one tumor was visible inside, and you could see it in her eyes that she was done. The vet had never seen such X-rays, was amazed she'd made it this long, it's really remarkable how stoic and selfless this breed is. All of this came on pretty quick too, which is probably the best way to go when you think about it.

Doesn't make today much easier though, and carrying your pet from the house to the car, then the car to the vet, has got to be one of the worst feelings in the world.

Anyway I wouldn't ordinarily do this but I know a lot of you really knew Bella quite well, as you got to know her pretty good on the countless events and trail runs she attended with us. She really enjoyed being a part of our group, as do I. So to honor that, I'm hoping that you will use this thread to post up any pictures you may have of her, or any stories you'd like to share about her, or share a story about another pet of yours if you want. I'll be reading this thread to Gavin later, forwarding it to Michele, and suspect I'll look back at it often.

I'll start us off... her favorite place to lay was right where you'd be walking next. If you were working on the truck, then that would either be next to you under the truck, with a leg under the creeper, or between you and the toolbox. She wasn't a very good retriever, could find the ball alright but didn't really like to bring it back, and she couldn't catch anything- even biscuits would literally bounce off her nose. What a personality. She'd greet you by picking up some small item (sock, receipt, pencil...) then hold it in her mouth and growl, while her entire body oscillated back and forth under the stress of some serious tail wagging. It was the cutest thing in the world. We actually had to have her tail operated on when we first got her, because she wagged her tail so much she kept smacking it into walls and door jams causing it to bleed, which never had time to heal. But even with one less tail vertebra, a big bandage on the tail, and a satellite dish on her neck, she still wagged her tail constantly. We got her from a the Golden Retriever Rescue when she was about 4, and had her about 6 years, so to the best of our knowledge she was 10.

here are a few pictures:
Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Major bummer Tim. Great story about having the tail repaired because she wagged it too much. Scout is in for a serious bear hug when I get home, reminds me to appreciate my best friend every chance I get.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper

This is always a hard thing to go threw Tim. We went threw the trip to the vet 2 years ago a few days before Christmas with Hanz and a few months before that with Nets little guy. Still miss Hanz even though he was only with us for a very short time so i can only imagine how you guys feel. Great to read the stories here and the short time we have had on the trail with her we no she loved all the time spent with you and the family. Cheers!
TLCA #19056
08 TT FJC
82 Scrambler (Scraps)
81 Scrambler (Sassy)
07.5 Dodge Ram 2500
69 Maro... next project when the Jeeps get done.....