Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 10-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default caravan for kids/ raffle jeep drawing

posting this early to remind folks to get to selling on those tickets. a little over a month before the drawing. also, first reminder to get them turned in to me at or before the december meeting. this is a toys for tots type event, so bring a new toy to donate (the bigger the better cause it's figured off number of trucks filled, not number of toys and we want to stay in the top two for donations )

event will be on dec 6th. i will update with caravan meeting locations when they become available. the drawing for the jeep will be at noon.

remember...the jeep could be a great downpayment for a newer cruiser
Attached Images

ige tlca #1431
Old 10-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Hard Core 4+

Dang, why can't it be on Sunday like a few years ago?

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies
Old 11-18-2008, 09:10 AM
Rising Sun member

They need more volunteers! Post up here if you are planning on attending/can help out and I can get you in touch with those who are organizing this event!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 11-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Rising Sun member

Got this email today:

Just wondering if you were able to round up any soldiers for the Christmas Caravan. Let me know.

Those of you who read this, how about you post up even if you CAN'T go/help! Just so I know people are reading this...
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, Metric TLC leather, heated seats and JDM switches
Old 11-19-2008, 04:26 PM
Rising Sun Member

can we post more info on the event, meeting places and times.

First thing is to be well represented by the club for attendees

Next is if someone can help the State Association by volunteering.

Reason I point that out is you can go to the event without having to volunteer if you only have an hour or so. Give a toy to the marines outside and take a look at the exhibits.

Kind of fun driving in a 50+ vehicle caravan from the meeting sites
11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 11-19-2008, 06:26 PM
Hard Core 4+

i'll be there. i don't have a choice. shelly and cory would kick my butt if i didn't show up
ige tlca #1431
Old 11-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Rising Sun Member

I went last year and caravaned with Dan R., BVB and Nathaniel. We left from the caravan start point at the mall up near 36 between Boulder/Denver.

I want to go again this year, but not sure where the meeting places/times are. I don't live in Denver anymore either, so I might need to find a closer meeting place.

Who's going and who has info on the meet up spots for the caravans?

'85 FJ60
Old 11-20-2008, 09:36 AM
Rising Sun member

Colorado4x4 website

I think Open Hearts/Roads is the person who is somewhat helping to organize this event.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Lifted

This sounds like something my wife and I would really enjoy. Can you send me some more information on the event please?
Old 11-20-2008, 02:00 PM
Rising Sun member

From CO4x4:

6th Annual Christmas Caravan for Kids

This year the event will be held on Saturday, December 6, 2008 from 10am till 2 pm at Jefferson County Event Center.
Again this year, vendors and their rigs inside the area, karate demonstrations and much, much more.

So, bring your rock rods, your trailer queens, and your daily drivers along
with a new unwrapped toy for donation to one of the meeting points listed
below and caravan into Jefferson County Event Center to meet up with others from around the State for the Meet and Greet to follow.

Like last year,participants will get commemorative dash plaques and tickets for the FREE raffle following a FREE lunch!

Bring a toy and meet up at one of the below locations to join the caravan down to Jefferson County Event Center

North Metro
Westminster Mall
Southeast Corner
near Sheridan and 88th Ave.
(departs @ 10am)

East Metro
Beauty Supply Shop
SW Corner of I-225 and 6th Ave.
(departs @ 10am)

South Metro
Home Depot
parking lot on Arapahoe Road
east of I-25
(departs @ 10am)

Southwest Plaza Mall
South Side near Sears
(departs @ 10am)

Northern Colorado Locations generally form up in Greeley, Loveland, Longmont. Watch for those details.

We recognize that things are a lot tighter this year than they were last year and that's a double edged sword...It means less available to give and more need on the receiving end. We absolutely appreciate everything everyone has done in the past and want to thank you in advance for all of your efforts this year!!!

pm me your email if you would like to be put in touch with Paula and don't want to sign up on Colorado4x4 so you can pm her.