Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 02-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Trail Ready

Default Front End Alignment

I was wondering if you, Kevin, or somebody else up north, which alignment shop in the Boulder-Longmont area can be trusted to do a good job on my 80? I'm told that a Toyota service bulletin (recall?) has Boulder Toyota backed up for 6 months with alignments. I heard that all Tacoma's and 4Runners must get aligned by Toyota. Since I'v only used Boulder Toyota, I'm not sure who else is out there that is any good. Can you help? Thanks.

1991 FJ80 converted to an HDT with an A442, Safari intercooler, 3" exhaust, factory Toyota subtank, 3" lift, 285's, Warn 9500xi, rear drawer system, 42qt Engel fridge. This rig is currently for sale
Old 02-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Hard Core 4+

Bruce, I know it's a long drive for you but if you have a chance you can come down to Kuni. I can thow it on the alignment rack and see what needs to be done. Would have to be after work or on a day I was off.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 02-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Miller
I was wondering if you, Kevin, or somebody else up north, which alignment shop in the Boulder-Longmont area can be trusted to do a good job on my 80? I'm told that a Toyota service bulletin (recall?) has Boulder Toyota backed up for 6 months with alignments. I heard that all Tacoma's and 4Runners must get aligned by Toyota. Since I'v only used Boulder Toyota, I'm not sure who else is out there that is any good. Can you help? Thanks.
Hawleys on Spruce does good work. I took my 80 to my friends at TCI this last time and they did a great job. Not much to align on a Cruiser.

Good luck!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default Barnsley Tire in Boulder

I've been going to Barnsley Tire on Pearl/Folsom in Boulder for years - I think they are a good outfit, independently owned, etc.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalFJ60
I've been going to Barnsley Tire on Pearl/Folsom in Boulder for years - I think they are a good outfit, independently owned, etc.
I know others who swear by Barnsley...forgot that one! :fing:
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 02-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Rising Sun Member

I've used TCI several times with great results. I always ask for a before/after printout of the actual measurements. Definitely call ahead and tell them what size tires you've got. Some shops will refuse to do rigs that are too modified

I can't rec' Hawley. A friend of mine tried to get his lifted 4Runner allinged there. It sat there for at least a day or two before they told him they couldn't do it. I'm not sure what the details were.

Bruce
Old 02-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Trail Ready

Who's TCI and where are they at? Why do you recommend them? Did they do your 80, Kevin, and are your tires the same size as mine?

1991 FJ80 converted to an HDT with an A442, Safari intercooler, 3" exhaust, factory Toyota subtank, 3" lift, 285's, Warn 9500xi, rear drawer system, 42qt Engel fridge. This rig is currently for sale
Old 02-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Rising Sun Member

TCI is on Arapahoe between 28th and 30th - almost across the street from the new Home Depot in Boulder. I like them because they get the job done quickly and so far, accurately. The measurement printout is nice too - I used it to figure out my caster shims. They had no problem with my 33x10.5s but they might not want to do 37s - I'd call and ask.
Old 02-25-2006, 11:00 AM
Trail Ready

Kevin said my 80 was on steroids but it's not on those kinds of steroids. My new tire size is 35" X 12.5". Whoever I go with, I'll call first to confirm they can do the job. After I'm aligned, what's at good test as I drive down the highway to determine that I'm really aligned? I don't want to ruin a new set of tires.

Old 02-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Miller
Kevin said my 80 was on steroids but it's not on those kinds of steroids. My new tire size is 35" X 12.5". Whoever I go with, I'll call first to confirm they can do the job. After I'm aligned, what's at good test as I drive down the highway to determine that I'm really aligned? I don't want to ruin a new set of tires.
Nate at TCI and I are old friends! I first met him way back when I used to ice race. He not only let Jerry and I use his stud gun but he did all the mounting and dismounting for free! He bought my loyalty by doing that and I still take the work trucks and the wife mobile to him only. His mechanic right now is real so thats why I had them do my last alignment. Most small shops like that either have rookie mechanics or decent ones in transition. Nate has been paying this one pretty good to keep him around so get it while you can. If you go in call nate "Wolfman" he'll know I sent ya!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior