Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 02-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

What I know about the job Scott is that I am on the central team with a guy named Chris Nelson (fullnelson on mud). He is the lead driver. We both have Fj Cruiser that we will be driveing to events and other gigs in the central region. We will also be drivng to the east coast region and helping at big events. As well as helping with big events on the west coast. Part of the job is to get people at these events a chance to get behind the wheel of a FJ Cruiser on the trail. To talk to people about the vechicle and what it can do. We will also have information about products for aftermarket up grades and such when they come availble. So I do not have a copy of the schedule yet, but get a few days of training will Bill Burke for 4 days in Grand Junction area. Then get a vechicle and get to set it up some. I will know more in the future. So some of the events Alison mentioned was Moab, Telico, Rubicon, Black Hill CC. I do not think I will be at all these events. But I will be on the trail alot over the next 8 months. Just so folks know, Robin is supporting this alot by allowing me the chance to live a dream job. And the chance to do more of this thing in the future. With out the support of a good woman, this would not happen.
Sorry to be a tease, but I have to leave some to the imagination.
O if I am at Chinaman's gultch, I will be working, or playing, boy am I confused. later robbie
Old 02-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Rising Sun Member

Nice going Robbie - it was a good crew up there in Walden - I think you will do well!

Congrats!

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!
Old 02-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

And yes - props to Robin - with your family behind you, all things are possible!

1978 FJ-40
1974 FJ-55 w/ 3FE

TLCA #10713

CO/WY Horsetooth 4 Wheelers Cruiser Club - Click Here!
Old 02-27-2006, 12:13 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Send a message via AIM to Hulk

Way cool, Robbie! Congratulations. I really do hope you make it out to Cruise Moab -- it would be awesome on so many levels. You'll have to get a CB in that FJ Cruiser, so we can hear your narrative on the trail:

"Ah yes, the filtration system for the air conditioning is working quite nicely, even as trail dust fills the outside air. The windshield is getting a bit dusty, so I'm applying the three front wipers now. Now adjusting the subwoofer levels..."

I'm really glad for you. Wish I could go along for the ride. Take LOTS of pictures!
1996 FZJ80 TLCA #4189 WRDY
www.rustybrain.com/cruisers my Rising Sun bio Facebook Twitter Need satellite Internet? Check out: Exede Internet

If you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Old 02-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Rising Sun Member

Wow, that's sounds like a great opportunity. Robin is so cool for supporting you taking off to do this. I could never pull that off.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:50 PM
Rising Sun Member

Robbie,
Just now catching up with things and am happy to see your announcement. Sounds like a dream job and the contacts you are about to commence making will fill several little black books. Congratulations and Toyota is every bit as fortunate as you are for the new arrangement.
Steve and Suzie
Old 02-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Hard Core 4+

how long before you install a cappucino maker in the fjc?
ige tlca #1431
Old 02-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

I wanna see the FJC with some swampers
TLCA#4180
Old 02-28-2006, 06:47 AM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks again for the well wishes. I can see swampers real easy, like some LTB maybe a 33-34 (with a mild lift). I do not think toyota will go for the swampers, I do think we will be on some BFG AT in a 265/75/16. That is the optional tire offered at this time. Should be way better than the H/T dunlop tire they have in stock size, but the cool thing is the stock rim should be a 17 /7.5 rim. So many more tire can be put on the 17 over the 16.
Ige, the cappucino will be in first thing, How would I survive the morinings out in the wilds(WITH LIONS, TIGERS AND SNAKES, oooooMY) with out some killer coffee. But first I will have to find either a low amp draw 110 or a 12 volt one. (power points and a inverter are in the thing). Later robbie
Old 02-28-2006, 08:26 AM
Rising Sun Member

So when do you report for duty, Robbie? Are you guys gonna have laptop computers so you can keep up with the forums?