Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 08-29-2005, 08:00 AM
Trail Ready

Default Jenny Creek is looking good.

Ran Jenny with a few folks from YotaTech, on Sunday. We ran it "backwards" from Chuck Wells's book (bottum up).

The trail's in good shape, and everybody was playing nice. When we got to the top, there were no idiots in the mud-bog, so I didn't have to have stern words with anybody!

Of course, running tail-gunner for a bunch of 4Runners, and a Taco, I was able to run through all the obstacles where they had problems because of their huge width, and extreme length (compared to the Gnewt!)

Oh, and it "appears" that the trail over Corona Pass (the Boulder Stage Route) which starts at the top of Jenny, is open and in heavy use - again. No telling if that's going to stay that way until the snows close it (which could be any time now) or not.

Here's the trip report with photos:

http://www.yotatech.com/showthread.php?t=66280
Old 08-29-2005, 09:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

Looks like a good time. That rock in the first creek crosing has moved a lot since the last time we were there. I had trouble with that rock the last time.

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 08-29-2005, 09:17 AM
Rising Sun Member

Thanks for the update Bob.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Hard Core 4+

Bob-

That was a fun trail. Let me know if you are up for heading over to Winter Park on that Corona Pass, that would be a great trail to get up and over.

Working on the video, the guys at Yotatech are gonna post it of the creek crossing.

Rezarf <><
Old 08-30-2005, 06:34 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezarf
Let me know if you are up for heading over to Winter Park on that Corona Pass
Welll.....

Let's see - concert @ Red Rocks tonight (Counting Crows/Tom Petty), then the rest of this week we'll be getting ready to head out camping for the weekend... Maybe the 10th? Do a run over the top, and eat at Fontenot's (great cajun restaurant in Winter Park), then back over Berthoud Pass? I'd have to see if Mrs. Bobzooki was up for it.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Are you guys talking about the wagon road? I was under the impression that it's closed. Is there just a lack of signs & barriers, or do you know for a fact that the road is somehow legally open now?

www.gamiviti.com

Old 08-30-2005, 02:20 PM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman
Are you guys talking about the wagon road? I was under the impression that it's closed. Is there just a lack of signs & barriers, or do you know for a fact that the road is somehow legally open now?
Is it ever "legally" open? It's not signed at all, and on Sunday, there were dozens of vehicles passing over it. If the Forest Service actually meant to have it closed, they would have somebody there issuing 30 tickets per hour, because that's easily the volume of traffic running over it.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:47 PM
Hard Core 4+

Unhappy

The Boulder Wagon Road, which should be open, which I am trying like heck to get open, which needs maintenance, which completes a route that is actually required to be there by FEDERAL LAW sponsored by none other than Senator Mark Udall, passed and in force, and to present time uncomplied with,

Is sadly and most definitely closed. And said closure is currently unenforced, though it will be blocked off this year prior to the snow flyin'.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:57 AM
Trail Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili
Is sadly and most definitely closed. And said closure is currently unenforced
What a dilemma. :idea: You know, with Rising Sun taking "ownership" of Jenny Creek Trail (well for maintaining etc.), would it sway the thinking of the US Forest Service, if we offered to extend that stewardship up to the top, over Corona Pass? Hmm...

Sold the Gnewt.
Bought a boat.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:43 AM
Hard Core 4+

Done that. Lots of hurdles. The fact that it goes so close to wilderness is one (though I doubt you could even WALK into the wilderness up there - Devil's Slide makes a daunting chasm).
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.