Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 12-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Rising Sun Member

Default 2009 Snow and Pizza Run Jan. 3rd

Meeting Place: Cemetery area half mile above (west) of Central City-the normal spot. Pizza at Beau Jo's Pizza after the run.

Date: Saturday Jan. 3th, 2009
Time: 9:00 am
CB Channel 4 - Ham 146460
Will will air down and/or chain up (if your using chains) at the meeting place.

If it's a large group like normal. We will want a leader for a 2nd start time around 10am. (a "waist gunner"). Normal gunners with good radios will be needed also.

Be prepared to be trudging through lots and lots of snow, especially when you exit your stuck rig to hook up a strap. Gater's, snow suits, gortex or whatever - just be prepared to stay warm and dry. It can be really cold and windy. Make sure you have at least one strap and tow points available front and rear.

We will meet at Beau Jo's in Idaho Springs for Pizza after the run. Around 4-5 pm. The club will buy pizza and pop.
Attached Images

Old 12-16-2008, 12:45 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to RedCreeper

Just wanted to ask....
i have been on this trail an know i can do it but what are the vehickle requirements? don't want to come out and drag everyone down with a stocker. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:35 PM
Rising Sun Member

Don't worry, this run is for everyone to come and have fun in the snow. The requirements are hard points on the vehicle to strap too front and rear.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Hard Core 4+

Anyone need a passenger? I would like to go but need a vehicle.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Hard Core 4+

Can't wait, we'll be there with the doggies this time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 12-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Rock Stacker

I'm planning on it. I can't wait. Two and a half weeks is soooooooo looooooonng. I wanna go this weekend also if I can carve out the time on Sunday.

2001 4Runner SR5 Auto - Armorology Front Bumper, Warn M8000, 1/2" Technora line, - Toytec coilovers - OME 851s w/Bilsteins - Yokohama Geolandar MT+ 305/70R16 - F&R ARB lockers - Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders - Engel 15 Freezer - Low profile cargo - Laptop mount - Thule roof basket - Viper 5900 remote start - Cobra 8WSXTII CB Radio - Stainless 304 rear bumper and tire carrier w/chainsaw mount.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

i believe i have that covered. Unless something comes up we are there. Can't wait. Wish i could bring my pup. For those who know my wild pup Hanz we were told last week he has a Melinoma Tumor. (spelling?) Only 18 mo old. We are hoping he can spend the holidays with us but the Doc cant say. I was able to go up to Switzerland on sunday and he got to run and have some fun in the snow. It is day to day now. Need this trip to get the mind off of things. Can't wait.

One other thing. i know how to get to the meeting spot from the other side but not sure of how from the highway. Can someone PM me some directions from the north? Or if anyone coming from there want to caravan in that would work to. Thanks.

Kenny
Old 12-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCreeper View Post
i believe i have that covered. Unless something comes up we are there. Can't wait. Wish i could bring my pup. For those who know my wild pup Hanz we were told last week he has a Melinoma Tumor. (spelling?) Only 18 mo old. We are hoping he can spend the holidays with us but the Doc cant say. I was able to go up to Switzerland on sunday and he got to run and have some fun in the snow. It is day to day now. Need this trip to get the mind off of things. Can't wait.

One other thing. i know how to get to the meeting spot from the other side but not sure of how from the highway. Can someone PM me some directions from the north? Or if anyone coming from there want to caravan in that would work to. Thanks.

Kenny
Geez, sorry to hear about your pup. I hope things go very well under the circumstances.

Coming from north or south, you're probably still best off just taking I-70 West to the Central City Parkway exit 243. Map Link You could go through Boulder and then go south at Nederland tanking Hwy 119 but it's a lot slower.

2001 4Runner SR5 Auto - Armorology Front Bumper, Warn M8000, 1/2" Technora line, - Toytec coilovers - OME 851s w/Bilsteins - Yokohama Geolandar MT+ 305/70R16 - F&R ARB lockers - Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders - Engel 15 Freezer - Low profile cargo - Laptop mount - Thule roof basket - Viper 5900 remote start - Cobra 8WSXTII CB Radio - Stainless 304 rear bumper and tire carrier w/chainsaw mount.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Rising Sun Commander

Sorry to hear about the pooch Kenny, that's a real bummer I know. But you've been here before, 'member? This is where we aired up after the spooky night run.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 12-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks gang. Going to be tough since we lost our other pup after 19 years 6 months ago. He was to soften the blow.

I remember where it is just that i only know how to get there from the top from Kingston. I don't remember the route threw town. Old age. Don't remember the first thing syndrome. Coming out is all a blur. Even a few weeks after when i was there. Got lost in central city. And i did not gamble. I think taking 70 is best just forget where to go when i get to Central City. Does anyone know what road the Cemetary is off of? i may be able to just use the navigator. Thanks again.

Kenny