Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area

Old 01-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Hard Core 4+

Default Sunday, Jan.11--Anyone for a run?

Myself and my buddy/employee Greg in a modded heep are going to bash some snow. Anyone want to go, since I can never do Saturdays?

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

2008 Subaru WRX Wagon, mods and lifted on 27's

2001 Honda XR400 with goodies
Old 01-09-2009, 02:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

Bump-- still going, probably the same area as last saturday's snow run. Any takers? 2 vehicles so far.

1997 FZJ80, White, Locked, deflared, 5.29'd, 4-5" lift, Fox's, DC shafts F/R, 35" AT's, Metal Tech front bumper w/ winch, custom tube rear bumper, SROR sliders, IPOR skid, Custom exhaust, Snorkel, Eezi-Awn 1600, Mark's Speedo Box.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Wincher

When my son, Ben, and I woke up yesterday morning we decided to do a run. We blasted up to Yankee Hill. We started at the grave yard above CC. It's funny that were there was some snow over the weekend there was none. It didn't look like it has snowed there since before last weekend. There was alot of drifted snow. We blasted thru a dozen 3'-4' deep drifts. Alot of winching, not alot of tugging. We wanted to break trail so we winched thru the drifts. The first big hill is very icy, that is how we went up and the bi-pass had huge drifts, thats the way we came out. We made it to the same spot as last weekend, ~6 miles. Just above where we stopped there is a Jeep Cherokee stuck in the middle of the trail. It is completely stock. It looks like it's been there a couple of days now. It also looks like it's leaking trans fluid or red anti-freeze. There was no one in sight, we also yelled out with no reply. It looks like the person(s) spent the night, pass seat was reclined and there was a fire pit right behind the truck, new. We did find some police on our way out and reported it.

We, as a wheeling community, should try to keep YH open all winter so we have somewhere to wheel.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Rising Sun Member

Things drifted in with the wind huh. Looks like fun.

I'm not sure what the authorities take would be on the stuck jeep way back in there. Hopefully he knows some buddy's that can drag him out or get him fixed. Any pictures of it?
Old 01-10-2009, 09:17 AM
Wincher

No pictures of the Jeep. It was about 150" or so above where you stoped. Not sure how it got that far. Actualy I'm not sure how it got more than a hundred feet into the trail.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Hard Core 4+

Thanks for the pics, Gerdo.

Meeting 9:30-10am at gas station @ Broadway & Orchard. Call if anyone is coming: 303-619-one nine one eight.