Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Tech Forum

Old 02-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
If you are at 207K on your original gears as well, or close to it, you might consider pulling the diff and checking the carrier bearing preload too.

http://www.gearinstalls.com
The bearings in the diff are much younger, I'm pretty sure I had Robbie replace them when the gears and lockers were installed. Yeah, pretty sure.

"Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?" -- Ron Paul
Old 02-19-2009, 07:09 AM
Hard Core 4+

thought I would toss out a quick update...

Had front range go through the driveshaft, like I thought when I pulled it, all was fine. The re-lubed and re-balanced it and that was it. While I had it out, I drained and re-filled the rear diff too. Nothing out of the ordinary was in the old fluid I drained either, not under filled, etc.

So the re-filled diff and re-balanced shaft are back in, and the noise is gone, so it seems all is well for now

oh and the best part...the CE light has been on since I bought it a few weeks ago. I haven't gotten around to diagnosing yet, but I guess it got bored cause halfway home last night it turned itself off, and even driving to practice later on and then back home, no more CE light
Old 02-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Hard Core 4+

Check your canister VSV. Common failure around that mileage. DAMHIK. Darn easy to fix though. Pull the code.
KDěRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.