Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > 4Wheeling and Event Staging Area > BHCC 2011 Planning

Old 07-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Rising Sun Member

Will, when I was checking about going the impression I got was that BHC "reserves" the entire campground so maybe they have you assigned to a spot and the actual campground doesn't know?

Edit: This was for a full hookup spot for a popup camper
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater

Last edited by corsair23; 07-02-2009 at 12:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:10 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_wagon View Post
Has anyone called Wild Bills Campground to check there camping reservation? I called yesterday to find out what camp spot we would be in and they said they did not have any record of my reservation but they would have plenty of space when we showed up. I thought this was part of the registration with DTC...Anyone else check their reservation?
i called to see if i needed to reserve and was told that no reservation for camping was required, only if you wanted a cabin.
ige tlca #1431
Old 07-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Exactly,
We reserved a cabin so I had to get set up with the campground. If you are just camping it's first come first serve. If you need a full hookup I believe you need to set that up. All the campsites are nice! If you want to be in the up all night party spot that is up front and the quieter sopts are along the side on the other side of the creek.
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 07-02-2009, 10:21 AM
Rising Sun Member

Yaked with Greg this morning. Rhonda will send me a BHCC Itenerary so I can post it up here so we can plan our invasion RS style! I also told Greg what RS's Raffle donation will be so we get recognized on the sponsor sheet. I'm getting stoked! I love it up there and DTC are good folks who I am proud to be friends with!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 07-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Rising Sun Commander

So Kevin for the record Convert now has your mattresses... you'll want to either bring or plan on borrowing a pump though, since I gave Ige's back to her last summer. Thanks again Dan, and have fun up there guys... ok you can have your thread back.

www.gamiviti.com

Old 07-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
So Kevin for the record Convert now has your mattresses... you'll want to either bring or plan on borrowing a pump though, since I gave Ige's back to her last summer. Thanks again Dan, and have fun up there guys... ok you can have your thread back.
Dude, you just smoked my pea brain but I eventually associated the Canadian flag with the Kevin....whew.....
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
Quote:
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Cruisers are superior
Old 07-04-2009, 03:23 AM
Honorary Canuck Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bigbluefj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Ben View Post
Dude, you just smoked my pea brain but I eventually associated the Canadian flag with the Kevin....whew.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakman View Post
Can a guy blow one of those mattresses up with on board air?? or IGE can you bring your pump so i may use it for the mattresses?

Kevin
Old 07-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Rising Sun Member

I will have a pump with me (for my inflatable kayak) if anyone needs to use it.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:09 AM

I can't wait to go. This will be my first TLCA event as a participant in the 100 and my first TLCA event since Rubithon 2007. Don't worry, I'll be back to CM as a participant in 2010. I always get there for the even years and occasionally an odd year. 2008 was the exception because we had Sam, May 14th.

I need to tear down my 4x4 labs bumper and clean it up and finish welding on some do-dads. I also need to change the oil. And look over everything. But the 100 is pretty easy to just get in and drive to and hit the trails.

I finished an art box for Ginger's art this AM. I know that doesn't sound BHCC related but she has a show 2 weekends later. So we are going to the BHCC and then dropping the camper and Cruiser at my folks place in Wyoming and then taking my mom's car home for a week in between the BHCC and the art show.

I'm taking another one of those prints for the raffle, just like the one I brought for Cruise Moab. I need to run to Boise and get a frame for it this week still.

It looks like I'll probably miss the raffle for this one too. Ginger has a polo match she needs to attend Sunday at 11AM in Sheridan, Wyoming. She needs all the promotion she can get for the Wyoming Art Show. We just got back from Glenwood Springs and Vail and they sucked. In Glenwood Springs she didn't even make her booth fee. In Vail she barely covered her booth fee and the hotel (which was actually cheaper than camping in that area). Art isn't a necessity so the art world is feeling the pinch in the economy. I felt bad for the artists in Vail who didn't sell anything or didn't sell enough to at least make the booth fee. It was a great show with quality work, just no sales.

I'm planning on wheeling the 100 on Thursday and Friday with my dad. Ginger, my mom, and the kids are going touristing. And Saturday I hope to hook up with someone to get some photos of the more extreme trails.

See you guys Wednesday. That is only 8 days away.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:02 PM
Rising Sun Member

I need to get a set of sliders up to BHCC for a customer (sold via Steve at LCR4W in MN. Is there anyone that could take these up for us on a trailer? I can put it on a pallet. Thanks.