Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Notices

Old 03-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Hard Core 4+

Send a message via AIM to wesintl

Took me a little over an hour. The idiots with rear wheel drive made it tough going. There were at least a dozen cars littering the side of the road that couldn't go up the slightest hill.
TLCA#4180
Old 03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romer View Post
I am always amazed that most people haven't figured out to use 1st and 2nd gear. Its obvious they use Drive and then the brakes and slide and wonder why. Took me an hour to get home
Yeah, my technique employs the brake pedal only enough to turn the lights on, but all braking comes from the downshift. And even with that, if you charge the intersections like the road is dry, you're eventually gonna fail. The RAV4 driver who nearly wiped me out this morning obviously didn't read the paragraph in the handbook that all-wheel-drive (do RAV4s have transfer cases?) doesn't help you stop.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Rising Sun Member

14" was my total as of 2pm. Took my daughter over to a friends at 4:00, and had to stop and rescue a Chrysler 300M and a Jeep that tried to help the Chrysler. 95th street had its fair share of cars that slid off the road.

Just a light snow falling now, and the blizzard warning was just canceled. I think we're just about done.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Hard Core 4+

I plunged my yard stick into various places on the deck. Deepest is 14" and the other end of the spectrum is 11". 9News says Lafayette got 9". Pulease... Sad to see it slow to practically nothing now though.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacket View Post
14" was my total as of 2pm. Took my daughter over to a friends at 4:00, and had to stop and rescue a Chrysler 300M and a Jeep that tried to help the Chrysler. 95th street had its fair share of cars that slid off the road.

Just a light snow falling now, and the blizzard warning was just canceled. I think we're just about done.
Wasn't that funny! I headed north on 95th about 9ish this morning on my way to plow another lot and I counted 15 cars off the side of the road at that backed curve! If you took the idiots off the road everyone else would have been perfectly safe today! I have plowed most of the day and hoping it quits tonight so I can get all my normal accounts done in time to make NSTBC in the morning! Seen lots of amazing mishaps today. People hate snowplow drivers because they think we bring the snow....fact is we do it just so we can laugh our butts off at the folks who just don't understand basic physics and gravity....

I did get to test the plow as a bumper this morning. Guy in a 2008, very nice BMW was smart enough not to hit the brakes when he started losing control but his back up plan of mashing the throttle to get straigtened up and get out of my way netted the loss of his left front fender! I tried hard to avoid him and even had the left front tire up on the median trying to give him room but he was determined to use every ounce of stupidity he could muster and accelerate away from the plow....
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-26-2009, 07:08 PM
Rising Sun Member

Glad I bought one of these last year. Stood idle for the whole winter, but got a work-out today.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben
Default Anybody care to come over for a BBQ?

Taken about 10 minutes ago....
Attached Images

TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 03-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Hard Core 4+

I had to beat down the powder in the Back Bowl's of Vail. They reported 12" last night, 6" night before and 14" monday pm. Sorry, no pic's. I ski by myself.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Hard Core 4+

Got out of work early today around 12 and took about 15 minutes to get home. Now you may think that is great but it normally takes about 5 minutes. Three cars of the road and one pointing the wrong way with its front end into the guard rail.

Sharon on the other had took about 2.5 hours for a 45 minute commute normally. She left around 1 and all the roads were at a stand still. Side roads worked the best.

Snow count for Roxborough is roughly 20", we walked around the yard to shake of the trees and had some 3' drifts with some areas nearly showing bare grass. It is still snowing pretty good here but it has let up a little, for now at least. Wish it would just keep dumping, could use the day off

Spend most of the afternoon replacing my TPS unit and I think I got it all done. I'll give details about that up in another thread

Here id to 2 more feet of snow if not more, keep it coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default Distribution

Looks like the average for most Front Range folks was about 12" of fresh powder. Eastern Boulder County had 15-17", and some reports in JeffCo near the Foothills with up to 20".

Translates to about 1" - 1.25" of precipitation. When it all melts there should be some nice greenery sprouting underneath.