Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > Trip and Event Reports

Old 04-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default 2009 Wheel Bearing Packing Party

Wow, what a lucky day it was for the 2009 WBPP participants; 2 lifts, plenty of mentors and no waiting Toss in some good pizza, fine company and a little swap meet action and it was a fine event.

While the weather was not as nice as last year, it was definitely not as bad as predicted. Justin did the front end service on his 78 FJ40, Paul repacked the rear bearings on his 95 80 and Mark changed the oil and diff fluid on his 4Runner.

I'll get some pictures up a bit later, but wanted to post up and let everyone know we had a great event. I'd also like to thank Slee Off Road for hosting this event. Christo, our club is very fortunate to have your business as a supporter.

I'd also like to extend a thank you to Jerry at Burt on Broadway. I ran into a parts availability issue and Jerry not only took care of me, but also arranged for a small discount on our grease. Finally, thanks to Napa on south Broadway for providing us with a discount on the grease.

I know many of us go to these businesses on a regular basis, next time you are in there - let them know you are with Rising Sun and we do appreciate what they do for us.

It is always great to see everyone that stops by to mentor, visit and enjoy the pizza. I'd like to thank Steve C., Dave A., Jeff Z. and Brian N. and everyone else that made our event a success.
TLCA #18941
Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoJM View Post
It is always great to see everyone that stops by to mentor, visit and enjoy the pizza. I'd like to thank Steve C., Dave A., Jeff Z. and Brian N. and everyone else that made our event a success.
Also don't forget to say a big thank you to Joe at Slee, his advice and a SST here and there made things much smoother.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 04-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Rising Sun Member

Default WBPP Pictures

Early on as we got started, here are the first two trucks up on the lift and everyone getting ready to do some wrenching.

Having the lift makes all the work easier on the back. Just roll the tank into position and remove the drain bolt.

Here is Mr. Crase using the brass drift and bfh.

It is not all about wrenching, we took a break to load up on some good pizza.

It is all about helping, looking back through the pictures I did not get enough shots of where our participants were getting guidance from our mentors. These next two give you a general idea of the process.

Of course, no photo layout of a WBPP is complete without a knuckle shot.

The only adverse effect of the weather was the need to mop a bit more frequently during the day. With many hands helping out, this ended up being a very light load.

This one has special significance for Justin, Dave, Brian and me. IIRC we all had a turn at the caliper bolts.
TLCA #18941
Old 04-05-2009, 09:44 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInDenver View Post
Also don't forget to say a big thank you to Joe at Slee, his advice and a SST here and there made things much smoother.
Dave, you are correct. I had Joe in my mind as I was typing and it did not make it to my fingers. Special thanks to Joe.
TLCA #18941
Old 04-05-2009, 09:53 AM
Hard Core 4+

Not to mention...

Thanks Richardo for herding cats and organizing the WBPP!

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 04-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Rising Sun Member

Yes. Nice to see everyone. Thanks to Christo for hosting the party and taking care of me. And thanks to Ricardo for setting it all up.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Rising Sun Member

Sounds like it was a great event. Thanks Ricardo for putting this together and many thanks to Christo for the use of his shop.

I would have come, but after being out of town all week I needed to be home.
02 Kimberley Kamper
09 BMW Z4 sDrive30i
Old 04-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Rising Sun Member

Red face Odds and Ends

I am very sure there were no door prizes, even though I would like to imagine there were and I won the red Snap-On BFH that was sitting in my tool box this morning. For those that took tools, is it yours? If not, I'll take it back to Christo first thing in the morning.

For those that were around at the end, did anyone find a plastic back with a couple of gaskets and seals in it? I remember Dave A. handing it to me, but then seem to have lost track of it. The bag has Largeone written on the outside of it.
TLCA #18941
Old 04-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicardoJM View Post
I am very sure there were no door prizes, even though I would like to imagine there were and I won the red Snap-On BFH that was sitting in my tool box this morning. For those that took tools, is it yours? If not, I'll take it back to Christo first thing in the morning.

For those that were around at the end, did anyone find a plastic back with a couple of gaskets and seals in it? I remember Dave A. handing it to me, but then seem to have lost track of it. The bag has Largeone written on the outside of it.
Last I remember seeing the bag it was sitting on Christo's Caterpillar yellow tool box. It had your Burt Toyota receipt and a partial can of brake clean in it, so if it's still in the shop it will be obvious what it is.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:50 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to treerootCO

Sorry I couldn't make it to help wrench. Work called as I was getting ready that morning and had me on conference calls until late that night.
pride is ego, the word I had lost was dignity. The quality or state of being worthy of esteem or respect.
Ptarmigan build thread - 95FZJ80
www.root45.com
www.risingsun4x4club.org

TLCA #14133