Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 04-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Hard Core 4+

Well this seems to be the year of the Chili's revenge. Had some new clunks on Fins and I was scared to death it was another broken leaf. But nope... drag link ends (one of the few Cruiser parts on the rig... hmmm...).

Considering the run of loose drag link ends I've been finding in tech the last few years, the joke's on me.

Fortunately Nakman is as compulsive as I am, and the used FJ80 TREs he gave me for trail spares are still tight and serviceable.

Don't go there Romer.
KDRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
If we have time, I want to go find Chicken Corners (I'm leading it on Thursday).
I wouldn't bother - its super easy to find. Just be sure to hike past the end of the road to the true "chicken corner", making sure to keep kids, dogs and anyone scared of heights away. Its a long way down. The reward on the far side is a view over both sides of the goose neck. For more thrill take the short detour to the start of the Lockhart basin trail - a moderately challenging canyon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
My cabin is dingy and smells like dirt. I opened the windows and it smells less. Or maybe I am getting used to it already.
Air that sucker out! Or buy some of those mirror tree things.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Rising Sun Member

Allright here are a few. Don't want to start you with too much

Mike on Kenny's climb

Randy and Sarah on other obstacles at Fins
Attached Images

11 RX350
02 Kimberley Kamper

Old 04-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leiniesred View Post
Moab rim: There are 2 ways up onto the rim. They don't officially attach on top and...I'll never drive the "minesweeper" trail again. 2 reasons. I think a boulder has finished off the trail for trucks and it is just too much exposure for me.
Ok... So which way is the proper way? I'm gunning for Crase on Friday on it.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:06 AM
Rising Sun member

Hulk - my opinion on Chicken Corners, just baha out there (it's quite a ways of basically a dirt road), over Hurrah Pass, say hi to the Camel Farm, then swing in, get a layout of the parking area, walk to the actual Chicken Corner, and come on back. Also try to research about the movie with the two gals running from the cops who drove their car off a cliff at the end - that scene was filmed somewhere around there and would make for interesting discussion for the participants.

Thanks Romer for the relief! More pics please!
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD
Old 04-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Rising Sun Member

Send a message via AIM to Uncle Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Hulk - my opinion on Chicken Corners, just baha out there (it's quite a ways of basically a dirt road), over Hurrah Pass, say hi to the Camel Farm, then swing in, get a layout of the parking area, walk to the actual Chicken Corner, and come on back. Also try to research about the movie with the two gals running from the cops who drove their car off a cliff at the end - that scene was filmed somewhere around there and would make for interesting discussion for the participants.

Thanks Romer for the relief! More pics please!
That would be Thelma and Louise. Also, the gas station in Cisco is also famous from that movie!
TLCA #3007
Northside!

Colorado Trail Patrol
Stay on the Trail!
I'm the God-fearing, gun-toting, American flag-waving, conservative you were warned about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxleIke View Post
I need an FJ40....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Chili View Post
Cruisers are superior
Old 04-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzali View Post
Also try to research about the movie with the two gals running from the cops who drove their car off a cliff at the end - that scene was filmed somewhere around there and would make for interesting discussion for the participants.
Its across the river. "Thelma and Louise Point" is an overlook below the Dead Horse State Park overlook (visible across the river from Chicken Corners) and is on the road that takes you up the Schaefer Switchbacks.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Rising Sun Commander

hijack 1: "And if you look closely, you can still see remnants of Themla & Louise's car..."

hijack 2: You guys remember that Simpson's where Homer drove off the same cliff?

hijack 3: I was up on Porcupine Rim once, and made the joke "hey this is where they filmed the Coyote and Road Runner cartoons.." and some girl on a mountain bike said "No way, really?" and she was serious. true story.

[/hijack]

Ok back to the CM pics! don't make me come out there....

www.gamiviti.com

Old 04-28-2009, 09:46 AM
Rising Sun Member

This just doesn't sound practical. As in how do you attached the bowl to the laptop hinge\lid and continue to type and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
ok - I guess I will help you wireless weenies out. Here are some steps to make a reflector to help your laptops wireless signal.

go to the store there on main street, and pick up a small strainer, mixing bowl, or other bowl with as round a bottom as possible. If you can get copper mixing bowl, or stainless steel one, that's even better. Ideally it should be twice as deep as it's diameter. The bowl should also be at least around 4-6" in diameter. If not metallic, grab some aluminum foil and cover the inside of the bowl with as few of wrinkles as possible. working in strips is a good way to accomplish this.

Then, take your bowl and you laptop, and go to a wireless source. go online, and try and locate through google where your INTERNAL wireless antenna is located in the machine. Usually it will be by the hinge or on the sides, but often on one of the corners by a hinge.

Once you locate that, fire up your signal strength utility and position the reflector to where gives you the most signal strength. Once you learn that positioning, the position of the reflector will not change respective to the laptop. You will have to change the orientation of the laptop to find the best linear signal, but the bowl position should remain un-changed.

merry x-mas. you have now built a parabolic range extender.

j
Old 04-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Rising Sun member

you don't have to. you just set the laptop as the focal point of the bowl and it should strengthen the signal. At least I think that's what John is saying.
1977 FJ40 2F "Brahma" + Lockright, tach, Warn 8274, FJ60 Power Steering, soon to lose the Sanden OBA to go back to factory emissions
1996 FZJ80 1FZ-FE factory lockers + Safari Turbo , CDL switch, cup holder, AATLAS1X leather, heated seats and JDM switches
2000 Tundra Limited TRD 2UZ-FE SOLD