Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Cruise Moab > Cruise Moab - TLCA Sanctioned Event hosted by Rising Sun

Old 05-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Cruise Moab Committee

Default Taking the long way home

We had a GREAT DAY running the Markofsky "Sego Ghost town" run.

Bugged out at 5:20, and just beyond the Canyon outside of Grand Junction The Charging and Break Light came on.

After checking the connections decided to push to Rifle.. got on the phone and found the Checker in Glenwood Canyon had an alternator if i could make it in time...

I pushed it as hard as I could and got to the Checker in Glenwood Springs about 7:50 (Interstate batteries kick ass!), and bought a new one for a $100.00…

I then took an antifreeze bath (at least it was warm) removing the lower radiator hose needed to take out the out and put in the new one… I dropped my light, and ended up doing most of the install “in Brail” in the dark….

Got more antifreeze at 7-11, and was rolling again by 10:30...
Had to stop several times to keep from falling asleep.. got home at 3:20…… Still had a great time… and a great adventure overall

Neil.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Hard Core 4+

Glad to see you made it home OK. I had to take a nap too on top of Vail pass, better than running of the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner;
keys = Man that is a whole story

TLCA #6136
Going under the knife again !

85 4runner Marlin Ultimate 5" lift 40" MTR's Soft top and doors Towed to Moab by the Big Blue Whale, 07.5 Dodge Mega Cab Laramie 4" lift covered and chiped No more slow lane for me
Old 05-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Rising Sun Member

Thank you for coming on the Book Cliffs Ghost Town Sunday Sego Run. I'll do a trip report soon. Perry and I rolled into Denver around 2:00 AM. Sticking together and talking on the CB helped keep me more awake. OTOH, at normal speed I probably would have been home hours earlier
Attached Images

Old 05-04-2009, 08:16 PM
Rising Sun Member

HA!! great pics!!

Had a great time on the Sego run, thanks Daniel and Perry!! We were tired too, and were only able to make it to frisco :0/
82 FJ40
Old 05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Dog View Post
We had a GREAT DAY running the Markofsky "Sego Ghost town" run.

Bugged out at 5:20, and just beyond the Canyon outside of Grand Junction The Charging and Break Light came on.

After checking the connections decided to push to Rifle.. got on the phone and found the Checker in Glenwood Canyon had an alternator if i could make it in time...

I pushed it as hard as I could and got to the Checker in Glenwood Springs about 7:50 (Interstate batteries kick ass!), and bought a new one for a $100.00…

I then took an antifreeze bath (at least it was warm) removing the lower radiator hose needed to take out the out and put in the new one… I dropped my light, and ended up doing most of the install “in Brail” in the dark….

Got more antifreeze at 7-11, and was rolling again by 10:30...
Had to stop several times to keep from falling asleep.. got home at 3:20…… Still had a great time… and a great adventure overall

Neil.

Neil,

sorry to here about the long night, and that we couldnt help you out, but glad you mad it home and had a good time.

That overlook we stopped at was sure a treat!!!!

COLORADO: my "Monument in Green"
Old 05-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Rising Sun Member

Well, then next year I guess we'll all camp out Sunday night and leave early AM. 5-6AM is better than the crazy nights we all had!

I almost called a friend for his Frisco condo, but figured if I was that close....

Bedtime!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 PM
keppyrat

Default cm pics

trying to put up some pics
Attached Images