Rising Sun Member Forums  

Go Back   Rising Sun Member Forums > Toyota 4x4 > General Chit Chat

Old 05-19-2009, 08:16 AM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeoffroad View Post
Check the list, there is quite a few. Medved being one, Burt in Parker and some more. Especially small town dealers, but there are some big names in there as well.
Twelve CO locations were shown on the news.

Yes, I'd buy a Rubicon, know some folks with them and they're quite nice and very capable.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Lifted

Agreed. A 4 door Rubicon would be an awesome rig if you had a couple little ones to tote around on the trail. I am also a fan of the Unlimited Rubicons, reminds me of the BJ44 or 43 (whatever one has the extended rear storage area), which is my dream rig. As much as I love my 40, I went wheeling with my roommate down in Moab a couple weekends ago (40 is out of commission) and I was absolutely amazed where he could go with just a 4" lift, new 33" BFGs, with open diffs. Coil spring suspensions are sweet!
Old 05-19-2009, 09:06 AM
Rising Sun Member

Here is the list.
http://aftermarketbusiness.search-au...48/article.pdf
Old 05-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Rising Sun Member

I'd buy a rubi if I had the cash. They are set up pretty well from the factory. Yeah, its a heep, but they are supposed to be getting better with reliability.

Baby Beast 2- 1999 4Runner SR5

Baby Beast -1987 4Runner SR5-Gone, but not forgotten

Generation Dead
Old 05-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Hard Core 4+

Sorry Randy, Jeep according to JD powers is well behind the Toyota. This is matching the Wrangler unlimited to the FJC. While I too would like what Jeep has to offer, the quality is not the same and will be a time before it get there.
I am sure that some remember the Jeep Rescue concept vehicles(5-6 years ago).
that is a truck after my heart. Never went into production, but sure would of been nice. Cummins bta6, 5 or 6 speed manual, dana 60 hardware underneith, 35 inch tire form the factory, a bit bigger than the unlimited in size. A cool truck for sure.
While some of the drive train is upgraded, it still does not have heavy duty stuff under.
Good luck with the thought process.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Rising Sun Member

The Unlimited Rubicon is the new 1st gen 4Runner. That, and the fact that Jeep has value and will get picked up along the line, would make me feel quite good about buying one.

Mark

http://www.scaldeddog.com
Old 05-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Rising Sun Member

Quote:

I find it interesting that they're cancelling the contract with Medved in Wheatridge but not with Go Jeep on Broadway? I've never been to/in Medved but I have to imagine it is a ton nicer that Go Jeep (where we use to take our Liberty)...The only thing that place had going for it was its proximity to us making it convenient. I can't imagine they sell more Jeeps than Medved does but whadda I know
TLCA #17037
'97 LX450 - aka "The Whale"
'97 FZJ80 Antique Sage AE #267, stock
12/74 FJ40, 2F, SM420, 4" Lift, ARBs, 33" MTRs

:

"...anything else i can do for you guys, how about i wash your car or mow your lawn while you figure out your firewall system? I am now boarderline insane/unibomber." Kipper

"That assumes I'm even capable of pulling and stabbing..." Jacket

"I really like having a detachable unit." Beater
Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair23 View Post
I find it interesting that they're cancelling the contract with Medved in Wheatridge but not with Go Jeep on Broadway? I've never been to/in Medved but I have to imagine it is a ton nicer that Go Jeep (where we use to take our Liberty)...The only thing that place had going for it was its proximity to us making it convenient. I can't imagine they sell more Jeeps than Medved does but whadda I know
That Jeep dealer is across the street from Burt Toyota, I'm sure that factored into the decision. I've always assumed that with the FJC most people either immediately like it or hate it, so probably a major marketing opportunity for the people who don't care for it to see a Jeep Dangler across the street.

As far as Jeep Rubicon = Toyota FJC quality, just can't see it. The FJ Cruiser is based on the 120-series platform, same as the 4Runner, Taco and GX470, and still made in Japan. I believe they make them in either the Tahara or Hamura plant. Either way, they are made in the same factories that currently make the 4Runner and most of the Lexus vehicles, not to mention where the most Hiluxes have been made over the years (at least up until the current generation production in Thailand). Anyway, other than the front fender issues (which is not workmanship, but a design issue) the FJC seems like a very reliable vehicle.

"They say the test of literary power is whether a man can write an inscription. I say, 'Can he name a kitten?'" -- Samuel Butler
Old 05-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
The King Auto Group in Longmont, on the list that Christo posted is indeed on the list and has big, gaudy liquidation signs. I see them on the way home on the corner of Pratt and Sunset.

I know it is anecdotal but my brother-in-law has a '03 Jeep and we have a '03 4Runner and he knows his service manager like they're neighbors. I think he listed him as a reference on his security clearance as "someone who knows you well."
Old 05-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Hard Core 4+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaldedDog View Post
The Unlimited Rubicon is the new 1st gen 4Runner. That, and the fact that Jeep has value and will get picked up along the line, would make me feel quite good about buying one.

Mark
+1.
Toyota forgot me a long time ago it seems. I'm thinking I have upgraded nearly everything on the Chili that I would have upgraded on a 4-door Rubi.

I do my own work anyway.
KDØRCH
Bio Page
I'm that gun-totin', farm-raised, evangelical, pro-environment, OHV ridin'/drivin', Southern civil rights pro-labor Liberal yo' momma told you couldn't possibly exist.